Ohio Gathering Ideas

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Jan 11, 2008.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    All you Ohio brothers go over to this thread and give any ideas or opinions on where we should hold a gathering this year. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67762

I sure would like to get some input on this topic from everyone. We need a campground with decent facilities and close to the water. So lets here some ideas guys.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Can't wait to see some ideas I would love to attend this one..:roll_eyes:

3. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I looking forward to seeing where this is gonna happen i would really like to go this one.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey, you guys are from ohio...you are entitled to an opinion.. i think they try to make it halfway central so everyone has a chance without traveling real far...jason 454 might be able to give an idea on that, but if you have any ideas cast 'em out brothers...rollo

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Guys please go to this link and give me your opinions.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67762

In the past two years we have held it up here in the east central part of the state. At the time a good majority of the Ohio members were in this area. But with a bunch of new members in the last year it would only be fair to hold it somewhere else this year. Right now it is looking like it maybe on the Ohio River this time around. So you guys from down around the river let me know of any campgrounds close to a ramp on the Ohio.

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Seems like holding it that far south kinda leaves out northern Ohio members. Thats at least a 4-5 hour drive from where I live straight south on 75.

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    would look to make it close to equal distance for all members so all can have a resonable trip,central ohio is accessable to all members 1 1/2 to 2 hrs at most

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree tony. i really don't have an opinion too much on this. i work long hours in the summer, and traveling with time is a problem for me as well.. i would like to see all members have a fairly equal opportunity though. no one should have to drive 5 hours...rollo

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you want it central to all Members it needs to be in the Columbus Ohio area, that way the driving distance would be equal...Also perhaps we could have it in the spring or fall when the fishing is best...O'shagnessy resivor is a possible location?

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    The reason we haven't had it in Columbus is that the fishery just isn't that stellar. We've had it central for the last couple of years and not seen any of our southern brothers except Dale, and the Cremeans (forgive me if I forgot anyone) I have no problem holding it in my backyard. I just suggested the Cinci area so I could meet up with the GMR and Blues brothers and have a shot at a big blue.

If you guys come out to our area, there will be good size cats caught especially if after the holiday.

Whatever you guys want we will do. BTW 4-5 hours is not far. It is 3 hours to Cinci from Coshocton. I rode 9 hours to the National in Kentucky. It is just a matter of what kind of fishing you want.

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Loanwizard said just about everything I was thinking. Where in the Columbus area is there any shot at decent fish? After all these are fishing gatherings we have a couple other BS gathering planned already. I know ya can't please everyone when picking a location for a gathering I have tried and it just don't happen that way. No matter where ya have it, it is gonna be too far for some people. We just can't do it in everyone's backyard. In the past two years with the exception of two members I don't think anyone has had much over an hour drive. If I am not mistaken they have held one at CJ Brown in Springfield the past two years and they will probably do it again this year. So keep that in mind if you can't make the drive to this one. Sorry if this one is planned somewhere that ya feel ya can't make it to. It just amazes me how every year that hardly anyone has an idea or opinion until a place is already picked. If it is too far to make this one ya can always plan one in your area.

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I wouldn't object to central Ohio its only a couple hours, but the good thing about coming down to the river in the spring is everyone will have a chance to catch quality fish. The blues will still be slamming and the Flatheads will start to feed big time. But good god there is so much river to fish, if you guys did decide that way you would have to pick a pool as well, markland, meldahl,etc...

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey there is the Big Walnut :smile2::big_smile::tounge_out:

How about CJ Brown that looked like some great camping and fishing. Its more on the western part we did hook up with some brothers there last year for Teays get together.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Cmon Gary, if we wanted channels we have those in our backyard. Let's get to the river for some Bluecats!

15. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    what about the scioto south of columbus

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    We can get some paint :smile2:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Here is my thoughts on the subject.

1. We have held most gatherings up here.
    2. Very few of our southern brothers have cared to travel all the way up here.
    3. All the lakes in Columbus Hoover,Alum,Delaware,Buckeye are only good for channel fishing.
    4. A gathering should be an event or a destination, not just a fishing spot.
    5. What better place to hold one than the largest river in the state?
    6. Where you have a chance at a record Blue, Flathead, or Channel with any cast?
    7. It's only one weekend out of the whole year.
    8. I know its far for some to drive, but the location will change every year. One day we'll be close to you, or you can plan one and we'll come there.
    9. We can always have another this year at a different location.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you all want central Ohio thats fine but you will have to stay in hotels and drive at least 30 min to get to alum/hoover/buckeye depending where you stay. It really shouldnt be this hard to pick a spot to fish and gab with a bunch a fellas and chickas if there are any that come.

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i say we hold it at a local paylake:smile2: rollo

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yes gary, you can bring your hotdogs and marshmellows for bait:wink: remember to spray them with WD40 for scent though!!!:eek:oooh: rollo