Ohio fun thread

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 28, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    after all the adversity on here, and the seriousness taken on our sport, i guess im tired of the arguing and debating..it is the dog days of summer and tempers can flair..i am guilty myself of getting too involved in the sport i love by offering opinion instead of just fishin!, and need to take a step back and just enjoy the opportunitys i have to go. so this may sound dumb or whatnot, but i'm starting a thread to recognize a person or person(s) that may have helped you since joining the BOC! this is truely a great site, and it seems the same few always chime in to try to help with different issues. so give your thanks or words and goodfishing to every brother on here...rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i give thanks to all BOC members for all your help all day, everyday. if it wasn't for a great site like this i probably wouldn't even be on-line...i have to give my thanks to the s-man. he kinda took me under his wing from the get go. skip is a very knowledgable flathead guy and has spent numerous hours on the phone with me talking tactics etc. he hasn't only had some of the success i have had, but, is always thinking about little details that i may overlook. he has given me plenty of good advice over he past months, so i nominate him as the member that has helped me this year. thanks skip...rollo

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I honestly must say i met a few (i mean a select few) that seemed like they just wanted to get on here and ruffle feathers..This was 6 months after joining, but in all The brothers here at the Boc Have been The Greatest Help...I joined Not knowing a darn thing about catfishing. I mean from question about leaving my bail open to making catfish chum. I want to say Thanks brothers very much

4. pelark

pelark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have only been a member here a short time, but in that time I have gone from taking the kids to the river and hoping that I would catch something to making a concerted effort to catch something. I have had my nights when I have been shut out...but I have also had a night when I nailed the two biggest cats (or any other fish for that matter) ever. Granted, they were 12 and 14 lbers. not anything like the hawgs some guys catch, but like I tell my 6 yr old son...baby steps, boy! Sometimes with the kids it feels like I don't have time to "fish" with messing with them and their problems, answering questions, and what-not, but having the information that this site provides, both old and new, is awesome!!!
    The local information from folks like rollo and ryanG among others is cool, but just the general information about tackle and technique, bait, making choices and such makes the price of membership worth it...(oh i guess the price of membership is wanting to catch kitties, huh? Well, I think we all paid that one...)
    I have a long way to go, and hopefully lots of years to get there...
    Thanks to everyone out there that shares information and doesn't look down their nose at someone that doesn't know is a blessing.
    Now stop reading this B*S* and get to fishin'!!!!

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can honestly say that Tea is the only one I've met in person. He is a great guy and from reading post he helps out alot. I've been a memeber here for around 4 or so but by looking at my posts you wouldnt know that. I'm one of those guys that reads a lot of the posts and helps out when I can.I would like to say thanks for everyone on that makes this site possible and to those that has shared thier knowledge here. There is a wealth of info here weather you are a pro or novice,but by gathering info here the novice can speed up the learning curve and become a pro pretty quick with some time invested out on the water.Thanks to everyone that post on the BOC.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man oh man, this could take a long, long time. lol

I believe that DH is the first member that I ever met. So, lets just say I got off on the wrong foot. LMAO He was the first one to take me on the Ohio River. We had a blast.

Catfishfever sent Madison a personalized Catfish T-Shirt soon after she was born. She has finially grown into it and almost out. I appreciated that very, very much.

Tinboat put me on my first ever bluecats at the Chattanooga gathering in 2004. Something I will never forget.

Stevecat put me on my first Shovelheads, man oh man was that a great night. I can never thank him enough.

Shilohred has opened my eyes to the wonders of a smoker. Man oh man can that guy cook.

Fish and Nannycat have adopted my daughter Madison and are some of the BOC's finest.

Katfshn50 is like my keeper in liner and likes to keep me in line. He rules with an iron fist all, and would not have him any other way.

Tspergin was the first one to ever take my drift fishing. He is always calling to go fishing, he loves this sport as much as anyone else to say the least. He is one of the BOCs finest.

Loanwizard helped my little brother get his first car and is always trying to help out the BOC whenever he can.

Whistler has put up with me, lol. He is a great man.

Hoopie was the first one to take me south on the Scioto and we had a great time. Nice to have catfishermen 10 minutes up the road.

Dodgeman
    was the first one to ever scare me. That man is just not right, lol. But would give ya the shirt off his back.

Big Eli is a fun man to fish with. He offers up the "Mental Warfare" whenever he goes out fishing. The man knows how to have a good time.

I have met many, many members on here and would love to meet each and every member. Whenever I travel I try and meet a member if at all possible. I love to make every BOC Gathering that I can. I could never list them all but thank each and every member for makeing the BOC what it is.

7. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would have to thank all of the Members & Mods here at the BOC!

At one point or another they have helped me get the bigger cats and explain stuff i just did not understand!

If it was replying to one of my many, many questions or me just reading what has been posted since the last time i logged on. Every morning it is a ritual.. lets see whats been posted.. and it is like that all day. This sight is a great place and its the people that make the sight what it is "The best catfish sight" hands down!!!!!!!!!

I going to my first BOC outing in a couple of weeks and i am looking forward to finally meeting some of the people from Ohio that are members of the BOC.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That is what scared ya, wasn't it? The FAT NAKED MAN strikes fear in everyone, when he starts taking his clothes off. And sooner or later, he will. LOL

I would like to thank Tea's little brother for teaching me how to NOT use a cast net.

I would like to thank Tea for showing us all how to post. It was only through his constant posting that we finally got the gist of how to do it.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, above you will find my answers to those statements.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i start a fun thread to get everyone on the same page and their minds straight again...work 13 hours today, no dinner yet.. little sleep,only to come home and see something about a fat naked man? i think i will just go back to work and collapse! lol:beated:

11. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    I have met many members over the years. Went to a few Ohio gatherings and a 4th of July picnic at Tea's house. Everyone has been very generous and friendly in person.

A special thanks to Metalman, who took me and my two boys on a boat ride on the Ohio at one of the gatherings a couple years ago. My boys still talk about that every once in while.

Also a special thanks to Tea for some fun, although not successful, nights fishing.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Shanon long time no see Im glad your still around