Ohio froze

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Abu65, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Some friends of mine were at Augusta, KY Sunday to do some duck hunting (10 miles above Meldahl) & the river was froze from bank to bank. I read a report on a Ky hunting thread that said it was froze from the dam all the way to Manchester thats where they stopped looking. We hunted at Augusta Saturday & it wasnt froze at all, so it had to freeze over in less than 24 hours.

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    It will be thawed by the weekend. I have actually never seen it freeze solid.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have seen lots of big frozen chunks but never seen it the entire way across, it better not be, Daddy is fishing sunday! lol....I dont see that possible in the cincinnati area anyway, river hasn't been at pool stage in months.

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    god, when is this cold weather going to end. that river will thaw fast one we hit around 35 i think..........RAT

5. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    Just drove accross the Brent Spence and there's some pretty good chunks along the bank near Cinti right now. Nothing major but keep an eye out. The Licking was frozen solid from bank to bank which it normally does during the winter. I'd guess the creeks are solid too which means fresh bait might be tough.

If I can get my boat down my driveway by this weekend I may venture out too.

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    yep, it sure was frozen, i live in aberdeen and went to manchester sunday and it was frozen almost all the way across with only a few water spots in it...

7. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    yeah in east liverpool, ohio it will freeze all the way a few times during the winter. the barges keep a good path busted up though

8. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    i know the other day i went down to check out the ramp at tanners and it was frozen up big time. didnt look like anyone had put in there since the snow hit. there are usually at least a few duck duck hunters down there. i wanted to put in there this weekend, hope it thaws out some by then.