Ohio Fishing Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catmanofohio, Jun 24, 2006.

1. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Hey guys, anybody catching any cats? Esp. cats of any size? I went out last sat. and there were some cats that were spawning, but most still werent. I would like to go fishing this weekend but dont know about the fishing due to the rains the past 2 days.. anyone with any advice would help alot.. thanks guys and good luck.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    fishing has really been bad for me this year, bought a new boat and have had it on the water once, fishing alone is no fun.

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    the channel cats have been hitting real good at dillon dam and there are a lot of them around 6 to 8 lbs

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    sorry to hear that jack... lol that how i have to do most of my fishing... went today to the local lake.. adams and caught a bass and some small bluegill *bait* and had a few runs. but nothing over 10lbs if that in that lake.. but its ok

5. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have only been catchin channles and bullheads.
    but its better then nothin!

6. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the funny thing is i havent caught a channel cat this year, except ones for bait ,havent caught anything under ten pounds, i only fish for big flats though. i think im gonna have to do a little channel cattin!

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    smallest i have caught was last night 12lb shovelhead. also took a 33 21 and 17

8. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    St. Marys ohio cats biting hard

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Got this small fellow in my Avatar at Buckeye Lake last week.

10. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    In the last couple weeks we been catching quite a few Channels from 2 - 10#, but the Flathead bite has been slow though we did catch a 8 1/2# and a 15# Thursday and Friday night. :smile2:

11. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Small channels in Grand Lake (between a pound or 2) And Not very many of them. Caught on on Chicken Liver and about 5 on Chubs. Only had one bite tryin' Ivory soap.

12. cenohio

cenohio New Member

State:
    ohio
    been really slow lately but still hookin up
    d

13. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    went last nite in the St. Marys River. Caught a bull head, a small leather back and missed SEVERAL bites. Some were just nibbles but 2 of them were totally my fault. They were bitin' just not bitin' solid.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Went out at the last minute 6/26 with the Maddcatter, we hit dillon first and he caught a 4 pound channel in ten minutes. Then he missed a couple in the next two hours and I could'nt get bit by nothin but skeeters. We moved up to Ellis dam around 11pm I think. Water was high and fast we were using 10 and 12 ounces of lead and our lines still kept swinging downriver. But I did catch a 3lb channel there and Josh caught two more in the 3 to 4 lb range. The guys fishing next to us caught a 36lb flathead on a 10 inch chub about 1:30. (Damn). Josh headed home around 3:30, I stayed till 5 with no hits at all.

15. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Well went fishing last night at a pond, only had some dead bait.. untill i caught 3 live bluegill out of the pond, the night was slow untill my bobber went under at about 9:20 Pm. I was fishing about 1 1/2 ft deep about 2 feet off the bank, fought the cat for about 10 mins and reach in and grabbed my personal best.. the cat was a nice shovelhead, we stuck his head in a 5 gal. bucket and weighed it, he burred the 28Lb scales, no camera, and was well over 36 in long it was dragging the ground while mouth at my waist. the rest of the night only 1 more was caught about 4Lb channel and I had another run.. hoping to go to the creeks tomorrow, just put about 30 little channels in my fish tank :) keep posting on results, they apparently are about done spawning.. lets hope anyway!

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh great, Mr Dad of the year. Poor Madison, it's not enough that Teays just called her a "fellow" but now he's saying he caught her while catfishing!

You know this wont make sense when you chnage your avaiatar back... :lol:

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Mellon, guess that it does not make sense when I change my Avatar. hehehe

18. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    went out today. it was TOO Hot. but i did catch about 25-30 pounder. and a 3-4 pounder, and my little cousin caught her about a 6-7 pounder. in oreder, were caught on: Bluegill suspended 1 1/2 deep, chub on bottom, and nightcrawlers on bottom. biggest and smallest was in about 3-4 foot of water... they were all caugth in relatives pond! catch and relese... no pics :(

19. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Couple of small channels nothing really of size kinda stinks....I tried flat heading and nothing..But i did get a hit that bent my 9ft berkley big game rod...