Ohio Early Spring Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 15, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, with all the flooding and the fishing not looking good. I was wondering about a good location we could hold an Ohio Gathering at a local paylake? I'm still looking for a partner for this year, and may be a good time for us to get together and have a productive day fishing on one of our prime ponds that have been supplied by our state waterways. Any ideas folks? We will need one that is big enough for all the egos, and personal best that will be shattered by every member. Also, I would suggest we have one that has a food stand, just in case ryang runs out of hotdogs!!! shoot your opinions on your favorite honey holes here... lol....rollo

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Come down April 26th to Vesuvius Lake for our gathering were gonna have. We can get together after and hit the Ohio river or go to Crab's Buddy's lake. Its guaranteed to have a blast and catch fish. We always do!:wink::big_smile:
    Plus there will be food, drinks and door prizes there. Were gonna have a great time. I'm sure you've seen the thread, if not i'll bump it back up for you....:big_smile:

Here is the link and i'll bump it back up...
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62375&page=3

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Let's have it down at Lake Ashley down near Crooksville. I hear they have monster blues in the 12 lb class down there. They have one hole that's fished a lot, very tight to get into but quite deep and kinda nice. Lake has only been around 18 years and fishable one year, but from what I hear, if you fish between the two small hills you might get lucky.

I think it costs about $200.00 per hour to fish there and it smells like rotten bait, but Skippy swears by it lol!

I'm thinking about taking my rod down there and using a big sinker... we'll see. She's kinda cold right now, but warms up quickly from what I understand lol!

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    here are three more fish that i gave to a paylake last year!... they didn't look like breeders for the river... get rid of the bad blood:smile2::eek:oooh: rollo

Attached Files:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You pay and I'm there. The place I was talking about is $9 for 12 hours and that gets you in on the jackpot and tag fish.....:wink::smile2:
    There are some Big Blues and Flatties there!!!:smile2:

6. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Why am I so misunderstood? Where is Skip, he would understand? Where is Tony? He too would understand!

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you all three are used to paying money to catch your fish:wink: j/k don't get too upset...lmao!:smile2: rollo

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you gotta say...reps.. to me lol.. i got you on that one shawn!:smile2: rollo

9. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    You can have all the reps man....
    Lake Ashley..... Awww.... you never made it to Hooters with us did you....

You were asleep by then I believe....

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you must have hit the hooters on a better night than we did! honestly... it was the worst one i have ever been too!!! rollo

11. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    You have to remember, we didn't get off the water til after 9pm and Skip just HAD to shower.... We didn't get to Hooters til after 10pm.

When you leave the water at 3 pm like you, you won't get the service :wink: we got lol!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dammm it!!! i knew something was wrong... maybe next year I will have to work as hard as you did to catch fish....:eek:oooh: rollo....... then again.... i may want to retract that statement... your avatar is a puny bit bigger ....:roll_eyes: rollo

13. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Bought and paid for.... plus 134lbs.... in two fish... but who's countin?

Hey, what with what we both learned, next year we ought to make quite a team lol!

We'll have to get Jack in on the one next year.... maybe even one of the new guys.... if they are quiet fishermen.... and don't want to fish part time lol! :wink:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW>>> we accuratley weighed ours using rope! might wanna buy some for next year!....rollo:tounge_out:

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll bet your wife is still wondering what happened to the clothesline!:smile2:

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Shawn I hear that if you fish there you also have a chance of catching crabs .... is that right? ..... Garry- :smile2:

17. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thats wrong :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::big_smile::big_smile: funny but very wrong rick:eek:oooh::big_smile:

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    as funny and wrong as that was, we did boat a crab when we were down there. lol... drew caught one on cutbait, i don't have the pic. but he does... :smile2: rollo

19. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I didn't think to tell you before you went , but blue crabs can be good bait too ... if fished right under the right conditions ...... Garry- :cool2:

20. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    we gotta lotta lakes like that up here in akron,but the hourly rate is cheaper and your guaranteed to leave with somethin.lol.