Ohio Eagles

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many you have noticed the increase in Eagles in the past 10 years? This is a picture of a fella I often see on the Muskingum close to where I launch.. Sorry the quality of the pic. isn't any better. It is a pic. that I took a pic. of with a digital. Wonder what he is fishing for?. Pretty cool he is talking when the pic. was taken..... rollo

Attached Files:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I think eagles are making a comeback. there is a pair that nest on a Yatesville Lake just north of here .

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    never seen an eagle this far south.but it is a blast to watch the ospreys at deer creek catching fish.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    When I lived on the Oh, Pa border they built steel ring building nest's for them around the lake. Some would use them, some would build thier own nests. Also seen some on the Mississippi River. I do believe they are making thier way back...

5. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I live just north of dayton and iv yet to see one out side the zoo.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There is reported to be a nest here in Ross county on lower twin road, but I have yet to see it. It is good news however

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The one at Yatesville Lake built their nest in the ton of a pine tree. The fish/wildlife people have an area around the nest marked off with DONOT ENTER signs. I've been told they write you a ticket if you are caught in the area.

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    thats cool stuff bro, there is a pair close to fish camp,we see them from time to time. :cool2:

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    When I was with ODNR in the early to mid 1970s, there were only 6 nesting pair of Bald Eagles in the state of Ohio.

I saw one while I was running my trapline Saturday in North Eastern Licking County, near Perryton. .... Garry-

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Never got to see one down this way either....:sad2:..we did have a blast feeding the gulls shad off the back of the boat Saturday!:smile2:

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey dude is that guy in your Avatar the one who taught you how to fish???:smile2::smile2::wink:

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i guess you could say that..:wink:

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Neat picture you took.They are the most beautiful bird around I believe.
    They are making a come back rather well.So well, they have been taking off the endangered list.Personally I feel they should be left on it.Sorry for the rambling on.NEAT PICTURE.

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    there are a few at the lake here jason, and they have several nesting pairs at pleasant hill, were were there last fall and saw 6-8 of them fishing lol, they transplanted a lot of them in the state and most are doing well

15. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Down in my little part of KS they are making a comeback. Last year I seen 7 total and this year I have seen over 15.
    I got some video of some of them but its a little shaky. Stupid zoom.:smile2:
    They are Aweome!!

[youtubevid]0EeSJvVcyaw[/youtubevid]

16. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    On the Scioto there has been a nesting pair there for a years. The nest is so big if you know where to look you can see it from rt 23.

17. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I see some every time I fish the Kokosing in Mt Vernon.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    There used to be a pair or two at Alum that Ive seen when I go there.

19. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jason dave and joey are rite about them being here at knox and koksising lakes a few years ago when duck hunting i almost got to see one at kokosing go for a mallard on the water something spooked it and then it was gone. it was one of the most exciting things to watch as it kept flying lower an lower definately an exciting experience for me seeing that happen truly a beautiful bird :cool2:

20. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There's a pair that has a nest not to far from a big rock quarry in Mt Vernon.There was a guy there with a really nice telecope watching the nest and he let us look thru it and see the chick that was in it.It was pretty neat