Ohio Drifting Getting Better

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Just got back from drifting on the Ohio around Cannelton and caught one #7 three #8's one #10 one #16 three #17's and one #31 all blues!!!! They're really biting good , for me anyways.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

wow fantastic trip, congrats on the good day of drifting

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats brother, sounds like you had a great fishing trip.

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    im glad to see somebody catching something. i fished off the rocks over there yesterday for 4 hours with not one fish! i guess they are spread out right now with the river dropping. i tried to get my buddy(kybluecat49) who lives over in that area to take his boat out but he is too lazy! did you have a hard time catching skips? i caught a few but they were not concentrated anywhere. didnt even see any shad schools. anyway congrats on the fish. i will most likely be over there next weekend in a boat!

5. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Caught all of 'em on shad. The vast majority of them were caught close to the bridge in 40-50 feet of water. Didn't seem like they wanted to bite around the dam.

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Billy, Congrats. That's a nice bunch of fish. Vern

7. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Where does one put his boat in at to go to cannelton dam. and how far is the boat ramp from the dam. I hope its by the bridge that comes back across the river.

8. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went fish at cannelton yesterday.fished for about 6 hrs, caught a 2 lb flat head. About 30 min. before i got ready to leave my pole doubled over. The fight was on so i though.it lasted a whole 4 mins. I had on the biggest fish i had ever hooked into. The fish broke my line. I could n't do anything with ,he just kept pulling. so i guess i am going up grade my line to 40lb. test and go back look for him or one just like him. He hit cut skipjack. the fun thing about it is it took 3 hours to catch the one skip that i caught. I am ready to go back. There was some guys drifting and they came over and talk to the game warden who came to shore to take some picture. They gave me some some fish so i didn't go home empty handed. so if they are boc members and see this thanks. Darryl :lol:

9. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    we are going back tomorrow. caught 16 last weekend.i just love to drift! nothing big but it was fun . sorry you lost the big one. that sucks. i have lost a lot of BIG fish over there. i use 40 pound test with an 80 pound leader now. havent had anything break me off yet.

10. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Any advice would be appr. thanks in advance. Darryl

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    What is your technique for drifting the Ohio? It sounds interesting. I drift a lake and am considering drifting the Ohio around Marietta. I would like to hear your methods.

Thanks