Ohio Commerial Fishing and Other Info.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by neocats, May 20, 2008.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I just thought that I would throw out some information I have regarding commercial fishing in Ohio. The only commercial fishery in Ohio is in Lake Erie. There is no commercial fishing done legally on the Ohio River where it borders W. V. and PA. There is a commercial fishery on the Ohio River in Kentucky.

Channel Catfish and Flathead Catfish are considered as gamefish in the state of Ohio by the ODNR. It is illegal for anyone to sell a gamefish, in any form, in the state of Ohio without proper license. A guy recently got a ticket for selling a mounted fish.

It is legal, according to ODNR, for a person to legally catch fish in public waters and stock them in their own pond or lake. This includes the owners of paylakes.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Jeff for that informative post! I tried to Rep you but I'm already out of juice, when I can I'll get you back for that info. I didn't know that and know several in OH that are doing it illegally according to that post.:angry:

3. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Jeff,
    That is very interesting, can't even sell that dusty old mount that the wife hates!!!

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Great post thank you for the information rick