Ohio catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kingdawes, Aug 9, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was wondering if anybody has done any fishing at water front park area in louisville. I wonder how far out you would have to cast to get to some good water.

2. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    I fished near there, a few weeks ago.
    The water was extremly low.
    I couldn't get a cast far enuff out to get in good water.
    Didn't get one bite

3. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah I went there one day this past week and didn't seem to get any bites. I don't know exactly how deep it is right there but seems like you would have to cast 100 yards to get out to the 15-25' range where those blues roam.

4. bigfisher4life

bigfisher4life New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well ive been there plenty of times(behind joes crabshack) and personally ive only caught smaller catfish but only because ive always used small baits like night crawlers and leeches and catalpa worms. ive been once when i used shad and didnt do any good but only due to the fact that i only fished for about 45 mins because sumthing came up and i had to leave. but i have a buddy that fished there about 2 weeks ago and caught a 45lb flathead using a live shiner with a few slits in its side. he told me he had only casted out about 40 or 50 yards and he said it was DEEP and he most likely hit a whole. well hope it helps ya