Ohio Breakfast?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 18, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jason454ci and Netmanjack im getting pretty hungry here:roll_eyes::big_smile: rollo

Can anyone say Golden Corral??

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    No worries ,Thanksgiving is in just a couple days. I will be full for months.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    this weekend at deer camp we are going to inject a hind quarter (DEER)and smoke it...injected with one full bottle of creole butter and cajon seasoning on top put in the smoker for about 6 hrs. and BAM..good stuff tastes like ribeye:wink:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you dog you....:smile2: :dribble: rollo

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    has any one tryed that recipe, we do the same with goose, duck,and turkey, makes it juicy....yummmy:wink:

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just quartered a doe yesterday, where the heck were you?:big_smile::big_smile:Us Hilljacks like juicy meat too, actually I like mine almost raw, its alway juicy that way.

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    while im at it, i cook my fish with......dip in egg, and then i will crumble up saltine crackers kinda fine, but i dont deep fry i like just puttin a lil oil in a pan just enough so its about half coverd....give that a try:wink:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually use the turkey fryer outside, and like Shorelunch brand batter.. I always add alittle extra pepper and some sugar, and soak my fillets in milk after the salt water thing.. rollo

I will try the egg and saltine thing though.... thanks

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    its great for ne species ...but perch is my favorite:wink:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Haven't had fish fried like that in years.. That is the way mom use to fry them. Boy they are good like that. Some times she would mix a batter of flour meal and eggs and dip them in that before frying them. they're good that way too.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You guys are killing me here, waiting for the wife to get home with supper....:eek:oooh::0a32:

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i think i mentioned that i have walleye for the outing...about 30 fillets :wink:

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    golden corral sounds good

14. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    heres another for trout,take the internal organs out wash off and coat with butter and season set aside cook two cups of rice, place the rice into and around the trout pour some mushroom gravey inside and over, put in oven for 20min to half hour...BAM...yum yum:wink:

15. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I have for you all I taken easy carve pork roast simmer in water with garilc salt paprika black pepper tomato sauce diced tomatoes and sliced potatoes . I also rubbed the meat with meat marinate before hand slow cooked it for 3 hours it was good rick

16. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    are you talking wild hog Rick??

17. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    it was bought at a store but it was soo good :smile2::smile2::smile2: rick

18. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    So do we have any interest in another Breakfast or Brunch at the Golden Corral in Zanesville?

Or anywhere else for that matter?

I'd be up for it.

19. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I ate at the golden corral in chilli town today with mrs whisker......the fish was not good..about ready to break out the walleye after that lunch

20. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sounds pretty bad, go out to eat and then have to go home to make REAL food that's nice and tasty, that's why I hate going out to eat, always tastes like plain mush to me, except Wendy's and Bk, a guilty pleasure, but for breakfast... I have no idea, I'd go with the always hearty (and not so healthy) biscuits and gravy, ummumm good. :wink: (homemade of course)