Ohio Boys headed to St Louis Thurs. March 8th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by loanwizard, Mar 5, 2007.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There are three of us at this point (Tspergin, NetmanJack, and Loanwizard) who will arrive in St. Louis Friday morning heading to Cook's in Troy. We may stop at Bass Pro on 70 for some Driftmaster bases. As soon as the rigging is done we'd like to fish the Mississippi but not blind. Any Brothers want to get together to BS or meet up and fish. We can stay the weekend or head south and over toward Kentucky. The Book is open, care to be a chapter?

Shawn(OH)

2. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    MS river around Southeast Missouri is pretty messd up right now. High and muddy. The Ohio is at flood stage and muddy. You might want to head north!

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    oh jeez, may God have mercy on Missouri :big_smile:

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    the ohio river is at 38 feet right now an flood stag is 42 the river is going to drop about ten feet by sat. when it drops out that fast its not a vary good time to fish it thefishing will be slow

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is there any advantage, in what state we get our non residence licenses through, Missouri or Illinois? And where we can fish. One or two day licenses or ten or fifteen days, how ever you guys do it there.:smile2:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another question. How is the bait situation? Are there skipjack running or shad that we can get. I'd hate to come all that way just to fish with liver! lol

7. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Uh... Max... we is comin thru In Diana too!

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shawn,
    I would invite ya'll to drop in here at Terre Haute on the way back and run the Wabash, but its a lil high and probably full of winter debris. And besides, I have to work and my new boat aint here yet. Where ever ya end up, have a blast breakin in that new Sea Ark. :cool2:

9. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    An illinois license for 10 days is 13.00$. The reg book didnt mention anything about a single day but I think there 5$. All rivers around here are chocolate and swollen. You'd have better luck tryin a res for blues, maybe Baldwin? Not real sure, Dru

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm not sure about the fees but if you want to drive another 3 or 4 hours I'll meet you a Truman Lake and we'll give it a go. Or I live in Springfield and we have the REAL BASS PRO here.

11. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Not sure the cost, but I do know that you can fish the Mississippi river from the bank or on a boat with either a Missouri or a Illinois license. So, find out which is cheaper and go that route.

12. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hows Truman, and How far is it from the Osage at Bagnall?

Whats that restaraunt near Springfield where they throw the rolls at you?

We can't take Jack there, he might git his britches in a bunch... he's kinda uptight if you know what I mean.... Bless his heart :big_smile:

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Around an hour and a half approm. from the Lake Ozark damn to Truman, Lamberts, "Home of the THROWED ROLLS'' I know it's a drive but fishing is fishing. Let me know, there is no telling how many members would meet us up there.

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Sounds good. Would we take 44 down or 70 across. Why is the Miss. showing 10 feet at St Louis but raging south of there? Is it fishable or not?

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shawn, Map quest says that it's : 194.47 miles from Troy to Warsaw going 70 and dropping down 65.
    I can take it if you can! lol:eek:oooh: :smile2:

16. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    Loan wizard, The Ohio is at flood stage and has the MS backed up PLUS the MO river is raging right now too. It's going to drop soon but a falling river is not a good time to fish. Better hit a lake if you want to fish in MO.

17. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am going to start a new thread about an impromptu mini gathering at Truman this weekend. Jack and I would love to meet some MO brethren.

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yall have a safe trip and dont cause too much Hillbilly madness out west. lol

19. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I wish I could get away to go with you all but I'm in the middle of calving season for the next few weeks but you guys have a safe trip and post your adventures when you get back.