Ohio and the Green river - are the catfish safe to eat?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by joed, Feb 7, 2006.

1. joed

joed New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hi my name is Joe
    I fish the Ohio and the Greenriver are the catfish safe to eat?

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Joe:

Welcome to the BOC, The green river you should not have a problem eating fish out of it, but the Ohio River has restrictions on it, I think one fish per month can be eaten.

You must be from the Henderson area !! If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC. Sorry I cant help with your question. Just wanted to welcome you:)

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Joe!!!

There are quite a few of us living near the green and ohio rivers. Are you from the henderson area???

5. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Welcome to the BOC

BIGCAT GarryEads

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC Joe!!!

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    The ODHE (Ohio Dept of Health and Environment) should be able to answer your questions. They are required to monitor and often publish/post warnings about contaminant levels. Best of luck to you.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC Joe.

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i hope there is nothing wrong with the fish in green river cause that would mean there is something wrong with me..lol:)

10. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You can pick up a free kentucky fishing guide at your local walmart, it has the adviseries in it for eating all fish.

11. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    did you guys know there is an advisory on the catfish in green river lake? so there is an advisory where it begins and an advisory where it ends. the river must clean up some where in between.;) must be from all that good grayson county (where i live) water that gets dumped in it from rough and nolin lakes.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would not eat a fish over 8lbs from these rivers, the PCB levels are to high for this ol'boy. The fish that are over 10lbs have been living in the river long enough to have been affected by these PCB's. So eat with caution!!!
    Go ahead if you must but remember it is your children that will suffer. I ain't talking about the ones that are at home with you now, either. Lead and Mercury cause severe birth defects in unborn children, and we don't want that now, do we!

13. joed

joed New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HEY GUYS I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A WHILE AND I JUST WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE INFORMATION FOR CATFISH ON THE OHIO AND GREEN RIVER

THANKS JOE

14. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC