Oh What a Night...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fullstringer & I went out yesterday to do some recon. fishing...check out some new water, hopefully find some new holes.

We got on the water about 4pm, got off the water at 3am, and did a grand total of 3 hours of fishing! We "boated" about 14 miles and literally spent hours pushing & pulling my boat through riffles in hopes of finding the Mother Hole, always thinking it would be just past the next riffle. Ya know what, it wasn't!!! We found 2 really mediocre holes & fished them but only had 3 hits on cut bait & all 3 of those hits were most likely gar or channels. Our only rewards were a few nasty gashes in my hull, a broken toenail, half a tank of gas, and two sore backs!

2. gdog bigcat

gdog bigcat Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ouch. Man, I've been there. I always think a trip like that earns you points for your next trip. Hope you cash in next time...

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What did you guys do Matt- go from one ramp to another... or go down and back up? (or up and back down lol) alot of procrastination can happen from one riff to the next I know lol... a jet boat comes in real handy

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Keep searcing, you'll find that "magic" spot!

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jet boat! Jet boat! I don't need know stinkin' jet boat! I've got Andy!!!:smile2:

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like you had a great time!!!lol

7. duff

duff Guest

You'll find that hole. It was probably 10 yrs ago during a drought I found a small to mid sized river that was dry between pools and one of the holes was well over 8 foot deep and about 100 yards long. It was huge for the river and I am sure had the biggest fish in that stretch, actually it had to have ALL the fish:smile2:

It is incredible what you find when you are not looking for it. Too bad I forget everything about it except the visual appearance. I guess my point is the rest of the pools were only a few feet deep if any at all until we found that one. It was probably around the next bend on your trip. Maybe next time!

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i have been down that stretch of river bro. lol at least you know where not to look now. maybe these rains will give more favorable boating conditions for your searching.

shame on you for exploiting Andy like that. :smile2:

9. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's Not Funny! And a Jet Boat Wouldn't Have Even Made It Through These Riffles

10. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    You get a Double Thank You for that one. :wink:

11. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Watch out Andy or he'll have you dragging him down Charley Creek next.:smile2:

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Been there Matt an done it also. It's the only way to find the new hole to fish in that may be holding some really nice fish.

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey, you know I'm just kiddin' man! I wouldn't catch any fish if you weren't in the boat!!!

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    shoot, if the rocks were wet I got a buddy who would run on it.... those blazerjet jet boats don't really need and water.... just wet rocks:big_smile:

15. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man D.P. that sounds like the boat to have I'll have to look into them.

No sweat Matt I know your messing around and shoot you didn't need my help last night making their mouths sore. Good Job!