Oh No Gets a New Bladder

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by oh no, Nov 16, 2005.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey folks, I know some of you know that I have been fighting bladder cancer all summer. Well they tryed about everything and last week scheuduled me for surgery the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I am going to be one sore puppy.

They have been up in me 5 times this year and really know how to make me hurt with those darn cathadors. This will be a little worse as I will have 5 tubes sticking out of me when I get home. By Christmas I should be moving without ony plastic tubes sticking out of me.

I know the University Of Chicago Hosiptal is one of the best cancer centers and there opperating rooms have all the toys. I still worry. Hey I'm 54 and this will be the first time I've been cut on by a doctor. I'm a little scared.

For those who don't know, they will make me a new bladder out of 21" of my intestine and hook up the kidneys and the rest of the plumbing, and I will be good to go. Lots of cutting, lot's of healing to do. 6-8 hours of Surgery.

I've thought of asking for my old tumor filled bladder for catfish bait, I don't know if they would give it to me for cut bait. Me and my sick mind have it figured out that even if I caught a carp on a piece of it, it would make that fish a man-eater. lol lol Think of it "A Man Eating Carp" Or " A Man Eating Bluegill". LOL LOL

Well folks I'm asking that you say a little prayer for me as they help, and I need all the help I can get.

I watch this new Catfish deal some, but don;t post as much as I did on the old one. I think I have just not taken the time to really check this site out.

When I've been down with cathdoors at home, I can't sit up at this computer. I only can stand here without spasms occuring. So I usually just stay in my recliner with the remote close by.

Well take care everyone and please say a prayer for me.

Jim Ames -- Oh No

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jim, medicine has come a long way and especially in the very recent few years. It is amazing all the things they can do now. You will be sore for sure but you can get on with your life, and that is really something to look forward to my friend. You can rest assured that you will not be alone in the hospital, because our Lord will be holding your hand and directing the doctors and all who will attend to you. We all will be there with you in spirit and you can take comfort knowing that God is in full control and you will not be alone. Jim you will remain in our thoughts and especially our prayers buddy. May our Lord hold you in the center of His love and will and give you comfort and peace of mind.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Jim, our thoughts and prayers will be with you bro.
    Please keep us posted as you can.
    God bless and good luck to ya.
    Humour in times like this are one of the best medicines. And it looks like you got that covered pretty well.

4. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Oh No, I know how it is to be down with sickness, I was in the hosp. hooked to a machine for 8 1/2 months a few years ago and it came out ok in the end.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Schoe

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Prayers for a speedy recovery from MO.-Hope all goes well and you will be out cattin around next spring. :D

6. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Jim, take care of you. We'll be right here pulling for ya!! Keep us posted.
    Danny

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    MY thoughts and prayers will be with you .

8. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Jim brother I fell your pain and if there is anything I can do man just give me a yell. You have our prayers.

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well hey brother, you just relax and let medicine do its part and God do the rest.

Your job is to field the pain cause thats the way it works, and thats how you know you're stil alive. If it gets too hard, the docs aint doing their job.

You have a family of 13,000 here waiting for you to recover.

-sal

10. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Oh No a prayer from me and my family goes out to you. May god look over you during your time of need.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll have a good thought for ya Jim.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jim, prayers are being sent from Oklahoma for a fast and easy surgery, one that is complication free, and a fast recovery. God Bless.

13. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Jim - I pray that all goes well! You know all of us here at the BOC are thinking of you!

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Jim, Prayers will be sent. Our God is an AWESOME God!

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, good luck with the surgery. I hadn't heard of that procedure before. It's amazing what they can do these days. Best of Luck.

16. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Best of luck brother. I bet they'll let you keep your insides. How funny would that be, to go catfishing with a piece of you on the hook! Seems to me that would be kinda like giving back to the waters you have fished.

17. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like that , giving back to the waters I've fished.

18. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Sounds good to me!

Best of luck brother! My prayers will be with you.
    As for the surgery, you are going to a highly acredited place. You have nothing to worry about, except for a little pain after the operation. I think you're in good hands up there! Git er dun and get back to fishin!

19. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Jim,prayers to you and your family!
    Leakyboat

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jim you and your family are gonna be in my prayers tonite !
    get well soon.