Oh my god what have I done?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Dec 3, 2007.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thought you all might find this interesting. Saturday we had to go to my in laws to do Christmas with her grandparents like we do every year. My wife and son had left before me, and I had to get cleaned up still. Since I was going fishing the next morning. I took the insulating sleeves out of my boots and threw them in the dryer, they were still wet from being set outside. The dryer was full of clothes, when I turned it on and and walked back in the house from the garage, I heard some knocking inside. You know like when you have shoes in there or something, so I figured it was something of my son's in the dryer. About 5 to 10 minutes later, I am not quite sure which of the 2, something hit me like a ton of bricks. I bolted back out to the garage and swung the dryer open, only to find my poor cat inside!! He had gotten in there to sleep which he does sometimes, but it was full of clothes and I didn't see him, he didnt even move when I opened it the first time. Needless to say I opened it the second time and there he was. Poor little guy could barely breath. I pulled him out and held him for what seemed like hours, praying he would make it ok and thankfully he did. I must have gotten to him right in time, he is doing fine now. He used up 8 of his 9 lives on that one. Needless to say my stress level was at its boiling point the rest of day. So I guess the moral of the story is, double check that dryer if you have cats....:0a33:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that is one lucky cat!!! lol...rollo:smile2:

3. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I wonder what life he is down too now if that didn't take him.:crazy:

4. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    thankfuley god was watching over your cat!

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow' lucky for the cat and you! And just think, we used to do that at the laundry mat for fun. lol:crazy::big_smile::smile2:

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    My uncles wife did that about 20 tears ago, except the ending wasn't as happy. She didn't notice it was the cat till she got home from the store, an hour later. Kitty didnt make it and the whole load of clothes had to be thrown away.

7. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    atleast you realized it before it was to late. I don't know if i would have thought about a cat in the dryer. Although i don' have one either. You need to name that cat lucky

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    They have a habit in laying down somewhere you just checked before doing something.

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wow I was at work today and had a guy there tell me he used to play in dryers when they were kids???What is wrong with you guys!LOL:eek:oooh:

10. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Poor, poor kitty. I heard that PETA is headed to your house.
    Sharon:oops:

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hope not!!!!It was an accident!!!!LOL I was more worried about my wife than PETA...lol:smile2:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know what you are saying...the wife can bring down a heck of alot more pain than PETA!!!! lol.rollo:smile2:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Travis! :big_smile:

I'm going to send your story to our daughters for they both have cats.

14. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Poor Kitty. I am a cat person we did have 8, Momma cat, Daddy cat, We kept two from the first litter then she had 4 kittens. Got rid of the mother, 3 kittens and one from the first litter. Needless to say they do jump in the dryer. But I double check it before putting something in there. I forgot to say Watch out for the Hamper also. They do climb in there.

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I trust me I will from now on, then again I don't imagine the cat will want to be in there again...???

16. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Did you at least remember the fabric sheet? Hate to see him runnin around all frizzy. :big_smile:

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It was in there, needless to say the poor little guy had a beautiful fresh scent, and a stunning coat of fur that was soft and pleasant to the touch...:roll_eyes: .........Alright now you guys are sucking me into this twisted little game of yours..:confused2:...............LOL :0a19:

18. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I would hate to see your kitty all fuzzed up.:crazy:I bet he was POed.I glad to hear to was fine.

19. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I decline to post on this topic, but glad for you that all worked out.

20. kidfishingmaster

kidfishingmaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    glad to here your cat is ok!!!!!