Oh Come On! - Calling for 6-8 inches of snow on Monday!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    can you beleive the weather men are calling for 6-8 inches of snow on monday >:^( it kinda makes me mad cause the fish were just getting to go a little more shallow but nooo. mothe nature had to come and be like uh oh sorry fishies time to back deep. boooo thats why i am moving to florida lol. just kidding

2. CatfishSam

CatfishSam New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I sure hope we don't get that out here. How far is it supposed to spread?

3. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    i dunno my mom just said 6-8 inches for olathe so i dunno where you live?? so i dunno how far

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I read online 3-7" for your area, but 8-12" for my area. Even if we get that much it isn't going to stick around too long. I doubt we get more than a dusting, but I've been known to eat my words before! LOL

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Holy hannable I hope that weather man is wrong, but I`ve had some good luck fishing in a snow stormBut I`ve had more bad luck than good. But if it come I`ll bundle up good & still give it a try. I fished in all kinds of weather, but I give it up if it`s thundering & lightning.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    You all remember those nice warm day's at the beginning of March???

March..........in like a lamb, out like a lion!!!

I don't like fishing in the weather we have now(and don't) so the ain't no way I'll be out there if snows on the ground.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    isn't this just fabulous!!!!!! The fish were just starting to move around a little bit and now cold and snow!!!!!!!! I've got a cabin reserved at Milford Lake this comin weekend too hope I get to spend more time in the boat then in the cabin!!!

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    STAY FAR AWAY FROM OHIO!

I usually love the winter, but I dont want another second of it, I am ready for SPRING!

9. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I've been trout fishing at lake henry the past few days,three small trout in three trips I'd rather be fishing for cats or crappie but the weather just sucks! I am waiting for lake henry to do their final stocking this year I can normally catch between 20&50 fish the first 2 or 3 days after they stock. I dont care to eat trout so its catch and release for me unless they are hooked in a manner which will harm them. The last time they stocked there were a couple of guys with about 4 kids apiece taking their kids limits as well, must have taken 75 fish in two afternoons. I guess they dont know the law says kids dont have limits of fish and must stay in the limit of the adult that they are fishing with. I understand that the trout are a put and take fisherie but when people poach it makes me feel like my opportunities are being ripped off.

10. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    I guess they dont know the law says kids dont have limits of fish and must stay in the limit of the adult that they are fishing with.

So you are saying, if I take my 2 kids fishing and the limit is 10 fish, once the 3 of us catch 10 fish we are done for the day? I have to disagree with you there. I can keep 10 and each of the kids can keep 10. I agree that I can't keep any fish above my limit of 10 and add them to there limit. That is why seperate stringers, livewells etc. are required.

11. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I think you're right, Sparky. I am a minor and I go fishing by myself all of the time. If I was not given a limit, then I wouldn't be able to keep any of the fish that I took/keep as many of them as I wanted, but that isnt true at all. I get to keep the limit, and thats all, no more than that. You would be correct though, seperate equipment is needed if you dont want to get in trouble.

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Heck, one channel was saying maybe 15" of snow, and someone to our north, maybe Lincoln, Nebraska, could get two feet. Based on past experience with snow forcasts, we will probably be lucky to get an inch or two. ;)

13. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Whatever snow you guys don't want please send it south to us. We need all the moisture we can get and will gladly take it in the form of snow if that's the only way its served. We had some light rain (about .100") the past two days. That is the first rain we've had since August. Like Geoff said, whatever we get this time of year won't last long or cause too much trouble. Its been so warm here I can't imagine any snow even sticking if it did fall. I'm sick of prairie fires and drought and ready for some good old spring gully washers.

14. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sorry to hear about the snow heading your way.
    I was clowned last week with 2 snow storms. I was soo bummed. I spent the previous week getting the boat in order, gear prepped and all that other good stuff.
    Water temps had just climed over 40F and the Cats were calling.
    then last monday BAM!! 13 inches and a temp drop into the single digits Water temps dropped into the mid 30s
    then last Thursday BAM!! again. 10 inches. thankfully its been warm enough to start melting the snow and water temps are slowly climbing back up.
    Looks like I'm on track to put the boat in mid to end of the week.
    I've got my fingers crossed.
    Hopefully you all will have a very short stay on the bad weather.
    thanks
    Larry

15. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Our Kansas Weather Sure Has Been Pretty Mild So Far. I Knew It Couldn't Be Over Just Yet. One Thing About Snow That I Like Over Rain, A Few Inches Snow Will Give Us The Precipitation That We Have So Desperately Needed. And As The Snow Melts It Will Be Absorbed Into The Ground And The Rest Of The Runoff Will Help Our Water Systems Gain Back Some Water Depth Without Causing Flooding. If We Got The Same Amount Of Rain That The Forecast Is Calling With Snow We Would Surely See Some Flooding.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Dont despair all , this snow and rain were supposed to be getting is badly needed for our lake and river system. We need the Kaw and Mo to rise. That , and I want Clinton and Perry to rise so I can go catch some flatheads at the Outlets when they let water out. So , this bad weather now , is a good thing , itll will make for better fishing in April. Hang in there. :)

17. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I will believe it when I see it. Im irritated because there HASN'T been any precipitation. I can stand bad weather as long as it is doing something. Right now its just cold. Thats just making the water freeze and the fish dive deeper :rolleyes:

I just hope it starts A) Raining. B) Snowing. Soon.

18. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I read the regulations and children can have their own limit of fish, the men I saw were putting fish an stringers for their children while their kids werent even fishing. The law does state however that you may not assist anyone including children with the catching of fish which go to their limit. Baiting of hooks, setting the hook and help with reeling in are considered pole tending under the law. I'm happy to learn this because I've been guilty of doing that on more than a few occasions myself. The point I was making was that many fish in a 48 hour period was just senseless, especially because their kids werent even fishing and they were taking limits for them.

19. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Not much for me to say I'll pray that its just rain.

20. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys,
    It is about 4 pm on Monday and so far it is just rain with alittle sleet and they have change the forecast for snow tonight and tomorrow. I just hope that everyone is safe today and tomorrow.

Dave