OH BABY! It was hot!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, Jul 18, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Took a fella from work today and his 9 year old son. I knew earlier in the week that it was gonna be hotter than a $500 hooker today. Gave em plenty of warnin and made real sure they knew what they was in for. They said its a go. I figured OK cause you ain't gettin a virgin here. Been there and I'll do it again. LOL! We hit the water at 6:30 am, It was a nasty 80 degrees already and gonna climb. LOL! Set up with an out goin tide in one of my favorite haunts. An inside bend that really slows the water down. Bing bang boom! Had over a dozen fish in the boat in 2 hours. The boy was havein a blast. Thats the part I really enjoy. He never caught a catfish until today and he was busy. Handed him all the fish except for one that his dad brought in. When I go out for channels i always take at least 4 different baits. Todays productive choice was good old chicken liver. Generous portions on a 5/0 sickle hook. Genes sickle hooks to be exact. Them bad boys set themselves. LOL! SHARP! Slack tide came so we goofed around with the perch. Caught a mess of them and had a blast. The kid started to fade around 1:30 so I took some pity on him and brought em in. LOL! It was a great day. The boys comments and the look on his face said it all. Heres some pics to bore ya. LOL!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Heres a few more. LOL!

Attached Files:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the catch, I love the fact that you are willing to teach others our sport under such heated conditions. Thany you

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    George thanks for sharing the pics. The smile on the boys face says it all. He will never forget that first catfish. You may have got him hooked for life.

5. Katman84

Katman84 New Member

State:
    Wv
    That is what our sport is all about. Taking a kid fishing is priceless when they have a smile on there face like that. You know you have a fishing buddy for life. I would almost say he'll want to go back with you again. Them were some good lookin fish in the pictures great job and Keepin comin.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks George for taking a kid fishing.That smile indeed say's it all.

Nice looking fish and great pictures.

Thanks for the post.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for sharing the pic.s Big G..... rollo

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Some fine looking channels and what a great first catfishing trip for anyone.

Ya know BG, for a gruff old goat you sure do have a good gentle side and that is to be admired.

My hat off to you for always getting the biggest thrill out of sharing our sport with kids young and old!

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go George! :cool2: That is one happy looking young man! :big_smile: He will remember that fishing trip the rest of his life! :wink:

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing the good pic's BG and not the miserable ones. I never like seeing pic's where the kid is crying and wining because they aren't getting a bite,or their hungry,or they have to go potty, or the old I want my mommy...lol:eek:oooh::crazy::wink::smile2::smile2:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ya gotta switch from choo choos to boats and start guiding BG. :cool2:

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Big George you did it agian!

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Way to go George, that kid will never forget that day. Heat ain't really that bad if ya catchin fish.

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Great report George, congratulations on getting another kid hooked on catfishing.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Big G come clean.....you paid em off to put up with ya didnt ya!(LOL)
    Gotta love it man you was rockin!

16. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    GEORGE you are the man. Thanks for all you do for those that have never catfished, you are a good teacher and fisherman. You did not mention whether you used any of the white perch meat for bait, did you?

17. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for sharing the story and the pics. Looks like a happy young fella. Always nice to take a kid fishing and a bonus to catch some great fish. Making memories is what it's all about. Awesome job!!:0a31::0a18::0a23::worship:

18. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    George,
    You're a good guy, no matter what they say about you...W

19. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    That boy will never forget that experience, thanks.

20. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    That`s got to be the MOST rewarding trip. That boy may have just discovered his catfishin life.