Ogeechee and Savannah River

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by ArmyCatfish, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Greg (altamahajon) recently moved and is right next to the ogeechee does anyone here fish either of these rivers? if so can you tell me anything about them, species of fish, methods of fishing, locations, and so on any info would be much appriciated.

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    brackish water, close to the coast ,both run out to the sea and hold river shrimp and mullet as well as bass and blues and channel cat. never caught any flatheads before, but plenty of blues. sheephead, croaker,drum. even blue crab in some places. i use to put in at kings ferry off of hwy 17 in Richmond hill, very historical and beautiful place down there.

3. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    alright kinda what i figured that close to the coast so good baits would be the typical but also to include cut or live mullet and shrimp

4. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Hi guys I am new to this area I just live a couple miles up the road from the river. What are you guys using for bait. and what days do you normally fish.

5. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    which river are you wanting to fish and what will be your target

6. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I have some experience on the Altamaha but I am close to the Ogeechee, less than 8 miles, I was told there are blues in there. But I will fish for anything at this point.

7. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    the altamaha is where i usualy fish have not done much on the ogeechee yet. there are blue and channel cats in there. cut bait is your best bet f0r both of them i like cut blue gill and such.