Offshore Angler Tight Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Cheez, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Has anyone used this line from BPS? I bought a 1/2 pound spool of 40# because it was not very expensive to use for backing for braid but this stuff looks and feels great. The guy at BPS says they sell tons of it to the saltwater guys and if it works for them it should work for cats for sure. Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

Cheez

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have had a 1/2 pound spool of the 25lb test and of the 50lb test, I have no complaints with it. It is cheap and seems to work, so for the money I say go for it.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I have never used that particular line by BPS but have used the excel brand and let me tell you what , its great line , just thought i'd let you know .compare it to other monos and see for you self or go to there site and reed the user reviews there .

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Offshore Angler Tight line in 30 & 60 lb.test and Excel in 20 & 25 lb.test.Both worked way better than I expected for the price.In my opinion they are good lines,and very good lines for the price.They stood up well to shell and abrasion in saltwater.I would buy them again.Hopefully they won;t change them.I also like the Offshore Angler Magibraid Spectra 30 lb.Braid.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I would try it, Bass Pro makes quality stuff

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I just bought a new Shimano Tekota 600 and spooled it with the 40# Tight Line. I'll try it out and let ya'll know how it does. I took 195 yds to fill the 600 so I should get 4 spoolings from this $8 spool of line.
    Thanks,
    heez

7. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have tried ,at one time or another ,just about every line there is on the market and i will tell you without a doubt, tight line is the best line out there. i use it in 15,25,40,50 and 80.it is the only line i use catfishing. it is by far the most abrasion resistent line i have found and i have done abrasion tests with it against a number of different lines including berkley big game. i have posted about it several different times and nobody seems to be interested in it i guess because it doesnt carry a big brand name and is very inexpensive. you are doing yourself a big disservice by not trying this stuff.

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I might be sold on this line. I landed a 39 pound blue on Tuesday of this week in less than 2 minutes from 48 feet of water with 40# Tight Line. I have used it in the rocks and in the logs and it is amazing. I'm not too proud to say that I like it as well or better than P-Line and I definitely thought I would never say that about ANY mono especially not bargain line. Time will tell but for now I'm hooked.

Cheez

9. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Thanks to who reported on this line. I'm getting ready to respool about 10 fresh and saltwater outfits and this will same me some $$$... maybe now I can afford some gas for the motor, I'm getting tired of paddeling my 18 foot tri hull against the current :cool2: ..:0a17: