Offseason

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by BigTimeWaterFowler, Apr 6, 2006.

1. BigTimeWaterFowler

BigTimeWaterFowler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey everyone I new to this site. I just looking around right now, but does anyone do anything special in the offseason to get ready for the season? I basically just hibernate until it is time, but do wash up the dekes and retire, and try to get things ready to keep my mind off of it.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    hey BigTimeWaterFowler,sorry i can't input on your ? but i'd like to say welcome to the BOC,i'm sure you'll find many answers to ?'s and a lot of useful info and not to mention a bunch of great people!!! hope you enjoy it here!!!

3. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    Clean & repair dekes & gear & we do ALOT of scoutin' :thumbsup:

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Its a great time of year to tinker. One might even try carving some deeks just to see what happens. Hek if you use waders like I do, it takes me forever to find that durn holes. I fill em with water patch what I see and still have wet feet. lol Good off season to you.

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    This is the perfect time to finish or start your dog, just 5 or 10 minitutes a day will keep him tuned up or get him ready for the next year. For hunters that have dogs from now until season opens this is the time of year that makes or breaks a good dog, you can let him set or keep the fire in him that was born and bred in him.

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Always doin something. Whether it be plant crops at the duck club. Clean dekes, retie, etc. Always work to do around the clubs and farms around here. Maybe a little clay shootin etc.

7. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I will usually just go out and buy a whole buch of bait and other stuff because it's cheaper in the off season. Then i just make sure my poles and reels are up to par, make sure all my bait, and other stuff is up to par too. Just to keep me busy.

8. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    same here, mainly touch up the ol dekes and make sure miss hunting dog stays in prime form while training other dog as well. lots of fun and makes the year go by quick

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I shoot a lot of clays, and try not to think about killing ducks. Turkey hunt and fish.