Official RUDE fisherman thread

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by s_man, Jul 4, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Last night Rollo, Tony and I were set up in the center of the river. Just after dark two guys motored up to within 40 ft of our boat. It would have been comical if it was crowded, but we were the only boat in site on that stretch of river. Rollo called out that we had lines out there but they ignored us and dropped their anchor right on one of our baits anyway. They casted out a couple rods but after 30 minutes they pulled up and motored around to the other side of our boat. This time it looked like they were gonna set up even closer than the first time till we all stood up in the boat to stare at them dumbfounded. After a couple minutes they motored over to the far side to anchor up. Now I can understand two boats fishing in the same general area but what kind of arrogance and total lack of courtesy leads a man to anchor inside another boats casting radius? I'm not talking 50 yds either this guy was 40ft away. He basically pretended we were invisible, so I guess if he couldn't see us its OK to anchor anywhere lol.

2. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    wow thats just nuts do you think they were trying to get into a arguement with ya or you were just in their favorite spot and they were trying to run you off, I tend to accidently get snagged up in other folks lines when they get too close then it turns into a contest on who can stay the longest lol

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been fishing for a while from a boat and that was one of the most ignorant moments i have seen. i actually reeled in a 10 in. smallmouth and 5 oz. sinker and casted within feet of them trying to make a point. i know public water is just that public water. but, what ever happened to common sense? like i said before..."THE STATE OF CATFISHING HAS IMPROVED. BUT, THE AVERAGE IDIOT HASN'T GAINED MUCH KNOWLEDGE FROM IT OVER THE YEARS!!!!

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds like these fellers could use an attitude adjustment!!!! I keep 16oz cannon ball weights in my boat just for this reason and 40' ain't a hard shot either, LOL!!!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its too bad that it has to be that way. i have no problem with other catters, it actually makes me think i have to constantely improve to stay ahead of most. but, i wouldn't do that to a bankfisherman. there is always another night to fish that spot. its not like your the only one ever to stumble upon it. and if you know the area like u should to be boating after dark. there has to be other spots in your mind u can go to....?:cool2:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I guess there will always be that small number of people that just dont get it. I had a boat Saturday come within 50 yards of me. I just said out loud, 2,000 miles of river and this clown has to anchor right below me. He looked at me but went right on casting his rods. I got the last laugh though because he didnt even get a bite. but you know it isnt just the river it is wherever you go now days. Luckily it is a small percentage of the people. But it is a large enough number to really tick me off.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    When lending institutions made boats affordable even for those living in poverty with 10 and 20 year loans on 10,000 dollar boats is where the real trouble began.

The increased numbers of boater are also going to supply a higher percentage of what you dont want or need on the water.

Can you imagine paying for a 18 foot boat 20 years? The way they build the things these days they wont last half that long unless garage kept.

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I once had that happen to me and I carry a 22 rifle with me when I go fishing.
    I just started shooting it in a safe direction so that would't hit any one ....Kinda go foom fishing to target practice.
    After a few rounds I had the spot to myself again.
    Worked for me.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i dont think people living in poverty has n e thing to do w/it i've seen 30,000 bass boats do the same thing to others as well as some boats that look home made it's just lack of common courtesy.

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That burns me up... Guess if they didn't get tired of my 3 million candle power spotlight shining on them and move, think i would probably go ahead and move....yeh that's it...I'd pull up my rods, turn the back of the boat towards theirs, trim up the jet and MOVE!!! :smile2:

Someone with such a disrespect for others deserves whatever they get.....

11. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    wow that is crazy. some people just don't care what they do i guess!!!

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i think id had to load up a hook with the nastiest stink bait i had and tossed it in the middle of their boat along with a few loud curse words i believe they would have got the point

13. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    What does living in poverty have to do with RICH BOYZ being RUDE????:angry:
    I have some friends that dont have a pot to piss in but the are some of the best people in the world and will do anything for someone in need!!

most of the time around here its the RICH boyz in there bass or ski boats or jet skis that run all over your lines or jugs or just try to swamp a small boat!!!so its no being poor its bad up bring-in if you ask me Sorry if i steped on any toes but that is just wrong on a GREAT SITE like this IMO!

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree 100%. What does a persons financial situation have to do with anything?? :roll_eyes: You either respect other folks or you don't. You can't judge a persons character by how long their boat loan is....maybe they want to enjoy fishing with their family and that's the only way they can afford it. I know people who don't have anything, but they are the nicest most respectful folks you could ever meet.

15. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Being rude and inconsiderate on the waterways is one thing but discharging firearms to threaten and intimidate other's that ought to be illegal. I guess since your protecting your favorite fishing hole makes it okay??? I guess this really is the rude and ignorant fisherman thread.

16. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And we gun owners wonder why that they want to take away our right to own a gun!:confused2:people who think like that!!!!

17. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    The river was full of people yesterday and I reckon they thought they were the only ones out there, Had one that kept passing me then turning around and going past me up and down, up and Down, I tried my best not to get upset, Some of those people only use there boats during holiday's and I try to remember that they just don't know any better. And that ol boy that got to close to you,
    well he may have thought you were sitting right smack on top of the Glory hole, LOL

18. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I believe the point he was making is that with boat loans as easy as they are to get, boats are more accessible to people all the way to the low income level. The more boats there are on the water the more idiots there will be out on the water.
    Stupid is an equal opportunity affliction; it does not recognize any boundaries set by income...W

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    theres always peta to look at too just because its fish doesnt mean they dont turn their ugly little heads

i caught a turtle a few years back on my way to work it was crossing the interstate so i picked it up i was planning to clean it after work but the guys that worked for me guilted me into releaseing it saying how wrong it was to kill something that had survived so long and that they wouldnt work that day if i didnt release it

some people dont realize that they are killing the world just as much as i am only difference is i eat what i kill

20. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    It don't take all kinds, but we got 'em anyway.:roll_eyes: