Off topic,My other essay

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Matthew72, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    On account of her profanity, bad attitude, and total lack of respect it is extremly hard to get along with my mother. It has been a long, strange life having to tread lightly around her so as not to set her in motion. It did not take long for my brother and me to learn how to walk softly and keep our mouths shut. She was brought up in a strict household and she rebelled severely when she left home. And she has not slowed down to this day.
    She has a holier than thou attitude and demands the up most respect. She is a petite five foot, three inch tall, one hundred pound fireball. She is always bossing everyone around her. She gets furious when her demands are not met, because she must have complete obedience. "That stupid b***h is not doing what I told her to do!", she hisses as her daughter in law drives off into the distence. She thinks of everybody as lower life forms.
    There is no rank or level of office that she respects. No human can ever garner that most precious gift from her. Her massive amount of hatred is caused as much by her envy of those more well to do and more attractive, as it is her jealousy of others getting respect for good deeds done. She has been ticketed for speeding, and the officer said he would have let her go if she had shown a little respect, and not called him names and cursed at him so much. She makes me want to not be around her because of her constant profane complaining about everything and everyone she has come in contact with. As a child would hear her yelling and fussing with my father and wish I had a different mother. Even more recently, I was in Wal-Mart with her and ran into a friend who is a preacher and quite handsome. Right away I knew I would be apologizing later. "Oh my God!", she barked, "He is a f*****g preacher?". I could have walked away forever right then and there. I should have too. I was so embarrassed and I could see my friend was too. Now, I always warn people ahead of time that she may be vulgar in some way. She has no consideration for anyone that does not want to hear her foul language. It seems to be almost second nature to her. She can neither control herself nor does she want to.
    Her childhood was a hard one for sure. A strict father and a continuously pregnant mother makes for a lot of work for a young girl that just wants to play for a while. But, who among us had a good childhood? I dont know of any person that would say thier early life was easy and constant fun. She bit her tongue and stayed there and did what she was told for twenty years and then the chance to move away walked into her life, my father. She jumped at the chance to be a controller to a smaller man. And so it began, her rise to the evilness that is her way of life today.
    So in summation, I hope you can see that my mother is an entity into herself. She made it a lot easier for me to move three hundred and twenty miles away from her and her evil, doggedly oppressive ways. She now controls my brother and his family in a disrespectful, demanding, and inconsiderate way. She willcontinue this until the day she lays down and dies.

2. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    the indents did not show up when I wrote this out sorry

3. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Matt...No matter how she is, at least it is no suprise to you. Just don't go down to her level. Be a better person than she is...even if you just feel like telling her off. Be there for her...but don't let her steamroll you. If nothing else, just let her think she got the best of you, and walk away. You know otherwise. I'll pray for you brother...I've been there and done that. My grandfather was a loving man all his life...until my grandmother finally beat him into the ground with her constant nagging and criticism. Hang in there.

Brian

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If this is from your own experience I just have one thing to say. Another thread for the Dr. Phil section. If its fictional that has to be one of the nastiest women I've ever heard of.

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    matt i have firsthand knowledge of some of your examples with my own mother,i could problely tell you a few stories that would make cry :crying: but just remember this she is the only mother you'll ever have and when times get hard on her you can bet without thinking twice you'll be by her side...

as far as my mother i had my fill of the b.s and told her the facts of life ,now we see eye to eye... :D

6. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I just let her B.S. go in and out like you say and we get along fairly good now but when I lived there she was harder to get away from. I love her to death and I would not want anythang to happen bad to her. I am still learnin how to make thangs better between us. Thank yall for the words and I will keep postin these essays as long as I can.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm taking it that you might have just got off the phone with her.
    There just might be a pill for that you can take. Just watch for it on TV.. Call your Doctor and see if he can give ya one now. LOL I'm kidding.

Sorry to here about your Mom troubles.

My Mom was really something. She sometimes got on my nerves. When she hit 70 she was Scared to death of everything. Kept a tight leash on me since my only 2 brothers died.
    She lost it last two years of her life. Every day calling police saying someone took her car or was trying to get her. Finally got Her and her car at my house which was a mistake but nursing home had kicked her out after 60 days. She was a little hard headed at times. Long story. Put a big strain on my wife, Sons and I. Had us at each others throats now and then. but she was good to us., before health went down.

Others took advantage of her before I finally got her to sign power of Attorney over to me. so I could by pass the stupid privacy act that does nothing but keep family members from helping each other. Finally I could help her take care of business. by then it was too late. She had nothing left. Should had about 50K in the bank at one time . I Never found it, didn't know where it went and her paying on a 20 year life insurance, never late, it was
    cancel from being 3 months behind cause she forgot to pay it after 3rd stroke she had. I tried to get it taken care of . They new she was dying and by law, they was in their rights. Heck of a way to treat someone. Cost me some cash. And to this day, people try to collect from me, a few pass bills of hers.

Now we all miss her very much. Two years ago Christmas she passed away.
    She was a pain sometimes but she loved her family.

Very bad at the end. She was the second one I had to make a decision on and partly had too on my Dad. sure wasn't easy when know one will listen, talk to me about condition etc. and you got a bunch of people in your business trying to tell ya what to do and got their hands out untill they find out she had nothing left..

Here is a tip that I learned the hard way. Try your best to deal with it. Dont say something to her you might regret later, when its to late.

Only got one Mom.

8. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    My mother in law is just like that... on her "good behavior" days. She is so bad, the church she attended a few years back sent her a letter saying she was being taking off their prayer list. She thinks it's because she stopped sending money to the church, after members stopped coming by to check on her. Those poor folks stopped coming by because she would enslave them then complain about how they didn't do enough, didn't do it right or accuse them of stealing from her.

The visiting nurse folks stopped sending nurses because she would tell them to do her laundry, house cleaning and cooking. She got into an argument with one of the people in charge when that person told her they are only suppose to stop by to check on her immediate health needs, not wait on her hand and foot.

She had hip surgery last year and her doctor wanted her to stay at a nursing care facility for a couple weeks afterward. My wife had to drive up there to "beg" the facility administrator to take her, because the last time she stayed there, she was so nasty to the staff, many threatened to quit.

The funny part of it all, she just can't understand why people are doing her this way... after ALL she has done for others. :conc-big:

Mike

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    that is one of my Mama's favorite sayins " after all I done for you ,this is how you treat me"

I dont say nuthin because she has done a lot for me. but dang lol

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well at least you can do a little venting here. LOL.

Good Luck

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I have to say, my Mom and Dad were great. We had very little but had a lot of love. I got my butt beat but not near as much as I should have. Don't think even dad could beat that much.lol Now my mother-in-law is a lot like what you have said. She is in a nursing home and my wife and I go there almost every single day. She explodes and has run off every friend she tried to have. If they didn't kiss up and do exactly what she says, boom, off she goes. Even her other two kids won't have nothing to do with her, so we get stuck taking care of her, not fisically, can't do that, and I sure will not. But like everybody says, you only get one, so love them, cause someday you won't have any.

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My father died an early death...47 years old. He died suddenly...so I had no chance to say I love you...or even goodbye. The part that bothers me the most is that the last time we spoke we parted on bad terms.

It should never be assumed that there will always be a tomorrow. If I could go back...I'd change everything. Instead I am forced to try to draw something positive from what has transpired. I figure that you're not a failure as long as you learn from your mistakes. I'll not leave things unsaid again, and I'll never love with half a heart again either.

Sometimes lifes lessons come at a harsh price. It's easy to say you don't care when you're still perceive yourself as having another chance to smooth things over at a later time. Don't fool yourself. One thing that is 100%.....there will be days at one point or another in our lives where there is no tomorrow....and there is no second chance.