Off topic <Little River Shark Fidhing>

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Buckedup, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Guys I know this is off topic bit I have 2 days of my vacation to put my 10 yr old on a shark. I brought my Carolina Skiff to N Myrtle and figured I could hook up in Little River. I need to concentrate from the Jetties inward as I have zero experience going out on the big pond, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. InletFool

InletFool New Member

State:
    SC
    Go to end of south jedi and turn right. Find the 18-20 ft contour.
    Use cut bait or live mullet. Drift along with current. Works every time.
    Good luck.
    Mitch

3. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    You da man!!!!! Went out today and caught 3 sand (small)and 1 bonnet(8#). Thanks for making his day. All were caught on cut menhaden that my little man caught in his cast net on the way out. What a day! I cant thank you enough.

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    If you ever want to catch a big Tiger Shark you need to check out Hilton Head, we put in a Lemon Island Marine and went down to the broad river. This river gets pretty wide before it dumps into the ocean. Not wanting to go out into the big water, and the sharks being right around near the shallows, we fished right around Hilton Head and Paris Island (sp may be wrong) fishn anywhere from 4ft to 50ft. All i can say is leave your cat rods at home. Get big reels and heavy rods and a shot gun:smile2: After sundown the bite is fast. You don't get them all in, but the 8 to 10ft fish you have a chance. Don't try to gaff them cause they will go crazy and you will probably lose your gaff. To catch the big boys use a hand line and tie it to your boat. Use a whole chicken for bait (be sure you pluck him:smile2:) We bought a special set up near Lemon Island (6ft chain with a huge hook, just for sharks) I added a couple pic's. Best time to go is June-Aug, when the shrimp come inshore. Fish the day for the small ones and night for the ones that pull your boat around.

Attached Files:

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    dean that is just nuts.

6. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    now we know how the kfc near beach stays open. the sub as a bait shop:smile2: