Off topic about my pond.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Just call me C., May 9, 2006.

1. Just call me C.

Just call me C. New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sorry bout this being off topic...but i couldnt find a better place to post it. My pond in front of my house is relatively new and is overrun with these weeds that resemble seaweed or something. its all over the place and just keeps getting thicker. even in the deep areas although it doesnt reach the top there. its good cover for the fish and im sure they love it but all i can use is rubber worms or a moss mouse and still pull in weeds every cast. ive tried treating it and it worked but i usually end up with a few big dead fish and it just comes back next year...is there something i can do without having to treat it every year?

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Know That You Can Buy Some Special Type Of Grass Carp That Are Sterilized, So They Don't Reproduce. They May Take care Of Your Problem.

Check With Your Local DNR, Elliot

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    My school had a pond that was filled with stuff like what your describing. They put a couple of grass carp in there and it cleard right up. I don't know if they were sterile or not, but I would hope they were.

4. Just call me C.

State:
    Indiana
    anyone know where i could get some? maybe here in indiana?

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Go to your local fish and game headquaters, the will put you on the right track.

6. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    We have a 2 acre pond out in front of our house and 2 Grass Carp keep it realy clean. They have to be in there a good two years before they realy start eating alot.

7. Just call me C.

State:
    Indiana
    wonder why that is...do they have to get use to being there? what do they eat for those 2 years?