Off Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I am taking the day off tomorrow!!!!!!! No, not goiing fishing :sad2: I got to get my mower ready, my boat cleaned and batteries charges, start my outboard, then mow the lawn. Then, I just might go chase a little crappie on Saturday morning. :smile2: That is, if my motor starts, my batteries charge, and get my lawn finished.:confused2:

Someone please give a good fishing report!!!!!!!!

2. CIRCLE HOOK

CIRCLE HOOK New Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Hey Arkie55 Im gettin my boat ready for a possible black river trip saturday. Since your the Black River Catman, I was wondering if you had any suggestions. I thank you.

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Circle,
    The river is higher than normal and it being spring, I would probably hit the cover in the long flats. The cats should be moving up-stream for the pre-spawn migration. That usually means good fishing on the Black because we get a new influx of fish from the White. I'm not sure what the water temp is but I would bet its warm enough to get the cats moving. Use some good fresh cut bait as your primary offering and as always, take several different types of bait in case the cats don't want any meat. Be sure and post a report if you get to go.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey I hope you guys catch a bunch of them I may go myself but it would have to be close by

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Good luck guys. Fishfryroy and I are heading to Lake Charles today to try out the Crappies.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I don't crappie fish but I have been getting reports that they are catching a lot of crappie along shell banks in about 2 ft. of water. Good luck to ya if you get to go.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Buddy, I am glad to see you taking some time off. To much work makes for a dull boy!