Off to Raccoon...

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Well folks, I am about an hour away from heading to Raccoon... Waiting for someone to get off work then we are rolling, if you would like to join, feel free to hit me up. I know the spillway stream is low low low, but I have this gut feeling there is a big one just laying and waiting for the right person to bring it in. I have heard about plenty, it is time to start seeing them.

I hope I am that person, I will throw everything I have at it to see!

2. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    good luck. Might as well get you some shad while your there for your freezer this winter.

3. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yea, good luck... the flattie bite time is short lived right now- often nights lasting only 15-30 minutes and starting around 8 or 8:30 pm. channels will start around sunset. it's cold man!

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Good luck Jim, hopefully you'll come home with some pictures of you holding a big flattie.

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sorry i couldnt make it jim.. i ended up keeping my son today, instead of sending him to chicago with my girlfriend... well get together again soon though.. im available every day n night... so how was racoon??

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    OK, Raccoon was awful... The big lake had few boats on it, but if you wasnt in a boat there wasnt much action otherwise... As far as the spillway goes, the tailwater is fished out!. I had 3 poles out most of the time I was there and didnt get a bump or anything, so it turned in to who could catch the most 'gills, and who had the biggest... Wasnt my idea of what I wanted to catch or do, but had to make the most of it!

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    dang sorry to hear about that... i think this winter, im going to try to salvage whatever kind of boat i can get my hands on, and make a fishing boat out of it.. as long as it floats and will hold a few poles it should work....

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    There are some marine sales places that has old used boats that may or may not be cheap. The $$$$ is of course paying for the parts & supplies.
    I saw one paddle boat that might be just the right ideal.:sweat: