Off to Lake pleasent

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Jan 30, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy~ I am off to lake pleasant tomorrow for an overnight trip. If I can't find any gills I will just fish for channel cats and stripers at night.

** Any body have any tips or advise that has been out lately?

GO CARDS!!!!!![/B]

Take care~
    ~A

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Good luck,i know im envious!

3. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Went out for a few hours at sunset last week and bank fished from the cove south of the three lane boat ramp. Had one bite on a crawler but no takers. Good luck

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I was ready to head to Pleasant on Saturday when I took a peek at the AZ game and fish report. Their information indicated a severe algae bloom throughout the lake rendering the fish unresponsive..

We ended up going to Bartlet instead.

* The weather was nice, but the fishing was tough. I found blue gills in about 5-10 feet of water later in the afternoon.

~ The first part of the night, we tried for crappie near the yellow cliff face.. Used float lights for about 3 hours with only one bite...

* Around midnight I gave up on the crappie to look for flathead. I fished the north shore right above the yellow cliffs. I hooked into three flatheads: 19.4 lbs, and two around 10 lbs. I missed 3 other runs..

* I had some cut carp in the water, but all bites were on live blue gill.

* The water temp ranged from 53* to 51*
    * The air temp got down to 38 early in the morning.

~ All in all a good trip, I just wish i did not bother with the crappie...

* Here are a few pictures..

Attached Files:

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey Andy, you know yo have me sitting here all jacked up now!!!!! I was thinking it was too early to go and was not planning my first trip until april or may. I have 3 days off starting on friday and already made plans with the family. If you dont mind me asking, how deep were the flats that you caught? Congrats on a successful trip. As I said before You Da man!!!

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Anthony,
    Good to hear from you man. I was sending my gills into about 30-35 feet of water...
    * I am not sure if all of this unseasonably warm weather stirred 'em up a little.. But they were biting like it was summer time again.:cool2: I did not need to move from my first cat fishing spot I settled into around midnight... The cats were moving and they seemed to favor the rod I had casted into the opening of a narrow cove. Had three runs, (two fish) off that spot...

** If I were to go back and target the flats, I would fish the rock piles across the lake from the marina. I was at the yellow cliffs cause the guys I was with wanted to catch crappie...

* Wish you good luck if you go!

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Andy congrats on the winter time flatheads, dude you guys look like your freezing:big_smile_2::big_smile_2: , now you there and Greg(snagged2) out at the river got me thinking its time to get the big poles and hooks out:006:

8. KEVINLEW

KEVINLEW New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    HEY I GO TO SAGURO ALMOST EVERYDAY NOW FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS AND IF YOU ARE MY WAY AND WANT SOME HOT SPOTS FOR CATS STRIPERS AND BASS SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL GIVE U MY # I AM ALWAYS FOR FOR ANOTHER FELLOW FISHERMAN THAT LOVES IT THE WAY I DO!:tounge_out:

9. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Andy, I see you're STILL da man!! My son asked what was going on with the catfish guys, so I figured I better get back in the loop. Nice job at Bartlett. You instantly have given me the fever!!