Off to bristol

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by billcatfish, Aug 18, 2007.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    is any one going to the bristol night race we are leaven thursday hope it cools down for the race

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's a fab race, Bill....i had priority seats there, once upon a time...wish i could have been able to pony up the bucks to keep them...enjoy:big_smile:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You're right about that being a fabulous race Phil. I like you, used to have season tickets to all of the races in Thunder Valley. Finally got tired of making the long trip twice a year,so turned the tickets over to my oldest daughter and her family. They are leaving tomorrow for Bristol. I'll be watching from my favorite chair here at home Saturday night. It usually cools off pretty good at night at this time of the year in Thunder Valley,Bill.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'd rather watch from home.
    We had VIP season tickets at the Rock and Dover and I've watched standing with my foot on pit wall.
    The recliner at home with a fridge full of beer and a bathroom within 10 paces and no line is the absolute only way to go and real cheap.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what you say has some truth, Mark, no doubt about it...however, the tv is a poor substitition for being there. a small track like bristol affords even the cheap seats a view of the whole track.
    rockingham was another great track for the fan. i have never been to dover - i eny your trip there.

i raced local dirt tracks for a couple of years before i went to my first na$car race....even with a short racing background i wasn't prepared for that. those boys git it from start to end.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    bristol is a great race for the fans this will be my 10th race there iv been to a few of the big tracks an did not like it as muck as the thunder vally

but my days will be over at the race tracks if gibbs start driven toyotas i know its all about the money to me it needs to go back to the way it was bring to the track what you have like it was in the olden days an go back to the way it was if you got mad at some one get out of the cars after the end of the race an fight it out just to much politics for me

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My oldest daughter and her husband left tonight around 6P.M.,should be there around noon tomorrow if all goes well.