off to bootcamp

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CATFISHING1, Apr 22, 2008.

1. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    well my oldest boy got the call last night to leave early for the MARINES. was not suppost to leave until after mothers day.momma isnt to happy right now, but i told her he was old enough to make his own choice.its all he has ever wanted for the last 2 yrs,but had to get through high school first. i told her we had to keep our heads held high and all our thoughts good.we know he is just starting but he is still in the same boat .:sad2:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I'll pray for your wife's comfort and a blessing upon your son God Bless him.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    All the best to him.

Hopefully, he'll get a chance to eat in the new dining hall, I'm helping to build at Camp Lejuene.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jason is a good kid Mike, he'll be fine. I proud of him for wanting to serve. World needs more like him.:wink: When is he pullin out?

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like a fine young man. If he's been thinking about the military instead of partying he'll do good.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Tell him thanks for his service and will keep him in our thoughts and prayers

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Our thoughts and prayers will be with him as he goes through boot camp and then off to wherever they end up sending him. Tell him thanks for his service to this country.

8. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    he is in K.C. right now leaves in the morning.

9. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    thanks all for all the prays and warm wishs. your right john he is a good kid and hopefully he will become a fine young man in the next few yrs.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Welcome aboard, Thank You for choosing to protect and defend the country and constitution. Keep ur head on straight and focus on the goals, Boot camp is only temporary, the real challenge is later on. Best and worst people ya ever met, frustrating and rewarding. Thank You for your patriotism. Please pass this on. Semper Fi

11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I admire your son`s courage and patriotism, thank him and don`t worry he`ll be fine. GOD loves America`s armed forces!!!

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hope everything works out. i go to MEPS for the navy at 1 am today. they say i wont go to boot camp till july, but we'll see about that.

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck to him and your family I will keep you in my prayers, and pray that he stays safe and angels always watch over him

14. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Remember your 100% healthy, nothing is wrong with you right...I had to tell them I had never even been to a hospital before haha, good luck, God bless.

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    Good luck to your son. write him a few letters now an then. every devil pup i ever knew got by on 3 things during boot camp. chow to chow- sunday to sunday- and mail call. is he going to P.I. or san diego. (all real marines go to P.I.-not like the hollywood crowd).

one more thing, let him know the fastest way outa there is to graduate. its a pain in the... everything, but as he will soon find out, pain is weakness leaving the body.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    What you got against the Hollywood crowd? Wish him luck and I'll be thinking about him. S**t going to hit the fan when he gets on them yellow foot prints. LOL Semper-fi

17. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    dont worry about it, boot camp is only the beginning. it might seem like its forever, but he will be back on boot leave in 3 months. then its off to the fleet and then the fun really begins. he will be ok. if i can make it, then anyone can. make sure you are supportive though. it will be a culture shock for him and he is going to be seriously nervous, but it will all be ok. there are good people there and they will make sure he is taken care of.

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Adding my thoughts and prayers to the list...

19. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Tell him we're all real proud of him and to keep up the good work.
    Deb