Off to a good start!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Aug 14, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Well I started the process of stocking the lake I was talking about that buts up to our property. I put the whole stringer in (see Walnut post), only one fish did not make it, one of the small channels. The rest are there to catch another day!

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Thats what I do with the smaller channels I catch too. Off to my pond. It has a 6 pound bass in it too that I know of. I didn't put it there but was just checking out the pond when we bought this place. Got lots of small gills too.

3. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I hope you have better luck than me,we stocked a pond back home[ concordia ks] but it has pretty much dried up so we tried to get them out but of the 26 we put in there was only 4 left between 12 and 17 pounds don't know what happened to the rest but they were not there. Think maybe a turtle got them because the was 1 giant turtle in there the day before we went after the fish,or maybe someone snuck in and fished them out, just not sure.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    More than likely it was your friend and neighbors who don't recoginize your right to have a pond while they don't. Also, you may want to watch your local hardware stores/bait shops this spring and if you see advertisements of perch/minnows for sale to stock your pond, you best buy as much as you can afford. It does not take long for the eating size perch to get invited out to a supper. LOL

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That is what is going to be nice about this lake, it is literally right across what will be the driveway and our yard from our house. It will never go dry either, unless something really happens. It is around 30 feet deep in the main body, and about 3-5 feet deep in the upper end. Even with the dry, hot summer we have had, I have been watching this lake, I put a stick in the ground at the water's edge back in April. It has only dropped 6" since then, while all the ponds around it are dry. I know it has a pretty good spring in it, because you catch a fish, and he is ice cold when you pull him out!