Off Season Projects

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Dec 17, 2005.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    In an earlier thread, I posted that I wanted to build a cart in the off season. Does anyone else have any projects and if so what might that be? I have been thinking about making some PVC rod holders, along with some other things from PVC its almost like LEGOs for adults!

Aaron

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my biggest project is replacing my transom wood on one of my boats.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My biggest project is fixing my 15 foot boat, it needs alot of work. But we already got a motor for it though.

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I'm thinkin of makin a rod holder to keep my rods in, and makin a rod holder to transport them in my van, keepin the guides from gettin bent, and rods from gettin smashed and broken. also a bait bucket like I saw here, made from a 5 gallon can. or a 2 gallon can

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I usually keep fishing all year, I have some little projects here and there, maybe new bank rod holders, or trying to fix my boat which has become a giant useless paper weight...If I stop fishing i will loose my mind though...:smile2::eek:oooh:

6. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Winter projects:

-Ice Fishing
    -Building Brazilian Cherry wood rod holders (for family & friends)
    -Building a bar in my basement

J

7. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    New eyes and re-wrap and old favorite rod I haven't used for years. My first try at this but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Figured it beats just letting it sit in a corner. And a rod storage rack in the garage and last but not least, clean up that dirty boat.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm going to start by going to the International Custom Rod Building Expo in Febuary.
    Maybe it'll light my fire to do more building then I have been in recent years.

Just exciting in itself to talk with some of the top builders in the world and see some old faces and see whats going on.

I have a picture that one world reknown rod builder sent me about 20 years ago of a tartan butt wrap on a tuna rod done with the Renzetti lathe.

This year I'm going to return that picture to him to see if he remembers it.:smile2:

20 years ago was alot different then today. We didnt have internet like we do today. You wanted to talk to a rod builder it was through the mail or on a telephone or as a last resort, a trip.
    We wanted to show off to each other it was polaroids and stamps.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i need to make a custom rod holder for the back of the boat. most importantly i need to build a boatshed that will fit my 18'cc. no easy task, but at least i work for a lumber co.

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Complete refit of the ol' brown barge.

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    got a 32x40 barn that wife is wanting me to convert to a house.aint decided if im going to tackel it yet

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Planning to build new brood pens for our exibition bantams.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya mine is to start rounding up a couple parts. head gasket and new water pump impellor and housing and be ready in spring.