Off river observation

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Michael Jake, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Life off the water through the eyes of a catfisherman. Sunrise yesterday started as I parked my car under the catalpa tree at work. Noticed it was starting to bloom on the south side then by the end of the day it had awesome white blossoms all over. Today I had to go to the Columbia area with dad and the sunrise brought snapping turtles attempting to cross interstate 70. Half way into the trip and back it was snapper road kill everywhere. Easily saw over a dozen and many looked like armadillos on their backs with legs sticking out. Such is the day in the eyes of catfisherman, catalpa’s and turtles all over the place. It’s a beautiful world out there, guess our eyes see what our passion dictates.
    Nows the time to start looking for prospective catalpa trees, with perhaps some turtle soup as a bonus.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a lil stash of trees right up the road. Them nasty suckers sure are good bait. Wish i knew how to preserve them. And i agree micheal, i think my eyes see what i want to see for the most part. Cher says i have selective hearing also.:crazy:

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Michael you are making me hungry with the talk about turtle soup. I havent had any for a couple of years now.

Tom