Of all the fershlugginer things to happen!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catatonic Chronic, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Catatonic Chronic

Catatonic Chronic New Member

State:
    Johnson City, New York
    My section of NY got hit pretty hard by those rains a week or so ago. I don't know how other local brothers fared. I saw my local Gander Mountain get flooded pretty darn well. Turns out, they're gonna need a couple of months to get back to operating condition! I find a good local store and fall in love with it, and this had to happen. It's almost like being away from your best friend. Well there's always Dick's, but they charge an arm and a leg! And they're all the way in a another township! It's kind of like some took away my Toys R' Us, you know? I feel so sick right now..... I know they'll be up and runnin' soon, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I feel like writing to Dear Abbey, of all things. ;P

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

this might be a blessing in disguise. Find the store manager and see if he will sell you some "storm damaged" terminal tackle at a big discount. If your good with reels and other stuff check on those also. Sorry about the store but I am cheap and it don't cost anything to ask about "damaged merchindise".

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds to me like there might be some nice sales when they reopen. Sorry that it happened to one of your favoriate places, that really stinks. BPS is a great store!!

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Now that my friend is a Yiddish word. Haven't run across that word in years!

Hate to hear about your store being swamped. Think of all the money you are saving though.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Iwould go over there and ofer to haul away there damaged rods, reels,and tackle for them .

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont worry friend they'll be back before you know it..........there's always wal-mart.....but make sure you have a whole day to dedicate if you decide to go there lol