ODNR To Attend Ohio Breakfast!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, after talking to Garry ( Retired To Fish) debating the present issues that have been popular topics on the the board concerning CPR of trophy fish, laws, and other issues, we decided it was a good idea to try to contact an officer to attend the gathering so we can talk, and express our concerns towards the sport! Garry made some calls, and just called me to confirm we have an individual that has committed to attend the breakfast August 22nd at the Golden Corral in Zanesville. This will be your chance to express your views, opinions, etc. about what you see on the water, so he can take the measures needed to hopefully bring some change! I welcome him, and look forward to hearing what he has to say on some things. I ask you to please make a post if you plan on attending in the other thread. I need a head count to tell the restaurant in another week... thanks...rollo

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is awesome!!! Please someone make a post afterwards, and let us know what he says!

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think this is a great idea Jason, great work man, and reps for trying to maintain and save our sport. I think it would be great if members from all around Ohio could come to show our numbers and the concern for the sport and the problems that exist is all parts of the state. I myself will try to come but I must be back to school on the 23rd, so the 22nd is pushing it. :cool2:

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    way to go retiredtofish and rollo, hope all goes well

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    way to go Jason and Gary that was some good thinking there. can't wait to hear what you are told in response to your questions.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, its a great idea! Please credit Garry for the work though. He is the one that made this happen. This is something we have been discussing for a long time, and previous breakfasts, but he made the calls and made it happen!!... Thanks Garry! Reps. to ya bro...rollo

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I would like to add to Jason's information: The Officer that will be attending the breakfast isn't a county assigned officer that you usually come in contact with. He is strictly law enforcement and is assigned to District 4 wildlife district.

I would encourage as many as possible to attend the breakfast to hear what this officer has to say. I have ask him to give a short review of the laws regarding our sport and then to answer questions.

I would suggest if you have specific questions or information that you write them down, so if need be, he can take the info with him. I am sure everyone will be poilite and curteous, and I am sure that he will be able to shed some light on certain situations we are all concerned with.

I will see you all at the breakfast. ..... Garry-

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    reps to ya gary for getting something started hopefully i wont have to work so i can attend this

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you cannot make it then put your questions in this thread or forward them to someone that is going that way we can get as many questions as possible. Also if you are going and you are going to fish then dont forget your license:wink: I would hate to see anyone busted by the very guy we are having at breakfast:smile2:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That would be funny! :smile2: All seriousness, he was offered a seat to fish afterwords, but declined. Look forward to seeing you all there, and hopefully catching some fish! :big_smile: rollo

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wish I could make it up there guys, good job on getting this guy to attend. Hopefully something will come of this. There also a catfish syposium in St.Louis, MO in June of 2010, alot of scientist, bioligist, DNR from all over the world and the nation discussing conservation for our catfish. You can search it on you tube to find out about it, Bill Dance I believe is heading it up...

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hopefully I can come to the breakfast. Not sure yet but gonna try to. Thanks garry an thxs to rollo too.

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hope you can make it.....rollo

14. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

In my haste I forgot to carefully read....just got excited about us actually getting ODNR to listen. Thanks and Reps to Gary for making this happen along with Jason. We all appreciate the effort :big_smile:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Come on folks, alot of talk on here all the time about wanting change. Now is your chance to maybe make it happen or have an influence for the future! rollo

16. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    thank you for all you have done for our sport, rep s to ya bud:wink:

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good job and thanks to both of you for this,hopefully this will help get some things accomplished.

18. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a wedding that weekend or I would be attending breakfast with you all.I'm pretty new to the site and would like to meet some of you guys.I live in Zanesville and I know it would be fun.Its great that a DNR rep will be there.I'm sure a lot of good questions will be asked and hopefully right answers will be given back.I'm looking forward to the follow up posting.

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hopefully something positive will come from this. This isn't this mans fault first of all, so preaching and yelling ain't whats needed. He will speak, and hopefully take what info. and advise we have to hopefully get some other heads turned towards the sport. It has to start somewhere, so it may as well be now... rollo

20. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Will try to make it guys .But got alot going on that weekend.Thanks for getting this to geathert Rollo.