ODNR Survey

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Natty Cat, May 26, 2009.

1. Natty Cat

Natty Cat New Member

State:
    ohio
    FYI...
    Hey all, on the ODNR web site they have surveys that can be taken online 1 for fishing and 1 for hunting. Doesn't take long to go through. might be worth every's time to complete it has some interesting questions.

2. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i did the fisahing 1 in person over mem. day weekend at clendening was glad to get some new rules in place if they go through

3. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took the survey saturday morning....odnr had a survey guy come around and ask us....there wasnt much on there that interested me except the 3pole max instead of 2....i was a big fan of that question....just an fyi....everyone go to the odnr site and complete the questionaire if you have time!

4. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    i also did the online survey and added a bunch to the comment sec on what i think also needs to be done . hope it helps?

5. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    can you guys post a link. i went to odnr.gov and couldnt find it. is this supposed to be a scavenger hunt?:wink:

6. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    skip go to ohio dnr .com and you will see i says angler survey

7. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Nice find..... I let 'em have both barrels.:wink:

I'm hoping everyone brought up the $5 3rd rod stamp.

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Didn't see anything about a $5 stamp. A third rod is fine but not to pay extra for. Also if anyone filled out the hunting survey. If you have property and you feel like you need to do a background check on someone before you let them hunt your property....DON'T. And if someone wanted to do a background check on me before hunting their property... then they can kiss my @&&!!! JMO

9. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

It was actually a BOC members idea, yeah it's a little extra money out of our pockets, but in return we get the 3rd rod that alot of people have been asking for forever, and put a little extra money in the hands of parks and wildlife(which hopefully they would put to good use)....you can leave comments at the bottom of the survey form, if you'd like to see something like that happen, that's where you have to mention it.

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    yea but they would waste it on some other stupid stuff

11. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not sure I know exactly what other kinda stuff they'd even be allowed to spend it on, as far as I understand, money from fishing/hunting licenses is supposed to go directly to department of wildlife(natural resources or whatever else they call it), and is supposed to be spent improving the parks/waterways, stocking fish, etc. If our money is being used to build shopping malls, office buildings, schools, feeding and clothing the homeless, etc. then yeah, we are being taken advantage of, and unfortunately we(being the little guy) can't really do much about whose hands are in the cookie jar.

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    You can relax .... the money from license fee goes to the Div Of Wildlife and is used by them for their projects and paying slaries etc. It can also be used in conjunction with other related DNR (the mother organization) for things related to DOW. ..... Garry-

13. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Then I am correct to assume that we're only doing ourselves a favor by putting more money into the hands of the DOW???

If that's the case then I seriously can't see why anyone would be opposed to chipping in an extra $5 for a 3rd pole stamp.... I know money's tight right now, but c'mon most of you probably spend more than that for lunch every day.

14. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I WISH I COUD BELIVE THAT THE MONEY GOES TO A GOOD USE OTHER THEN WASTED. BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THE LAKES AROUND HERE BEING RESTOCKED. OR CHECKING FOR LAW BREAKERS. I SEE A WARDEN MAYBE ONCE A SEASON ON THE LAKES AROUND HERE.
    WOULD LKE TO SEE MORE STOCKING OF FISH.:big_smile:

15. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I oppose any increase in fees from the state. Better check what the governor has planned for next year, and I hope it doesn't go thru. Doubling all license prices and charging a fee to use any state grounds. I buy a license once why have to pay for a third pole. It's not a matter how little bit it is for your third pole fee, it should all be included in your license. Fees =taxes on certain people only and I am tired of having a bullseye on my shirt for the tax man.

16. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with not adding the $5 for a third pole. If they want to raise the fees for everyone $5 that would be easier. It would just add more work checking to see who has payed for their extra pole and who didn't and how many people would get away without paying for the extra pole and still use one. Right now I pay for an OH fishing license, an out of state for IN so I can fish Brookville Lake and an out of state KY fishing license so I can have unlimited poles on the Ohio River. A little more cost for an OH license so I could use more poles would end up saving me some money.

17. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

If that goes through, it might just put an end to fishing and hunting in Ohio.... I hope they can see how stupid that would be.

The reason a $5 stamp doesn't really sound like an alien concept to me is because alot of other states charge you a $5 trout stamp if you want to target trout.... which is entirely retarded, since rainbows and browns aren't even a native species, and really have no more business here in the US than a carp, yet gain some kind of special status, when native species who do belong here such as gar and bowfin are considered "trash fish" and are allowed to be taken by nearly any means and without limits..... go figure.

18. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I agree with Joe and Roger ... not charge for the extra pole ... my reasoning and I have worked for DOW ... probably 30% of the people now use 3 poles unless they see a GW coming .... so once a 3 pole limit is put into force ... these same people are going to use 4 poles.

I truly believe they will increase the limit to 3 poles for no other reason than aomd of our surrounding states now have that rule and there are more people requesting that it be done. It won't cost the DOW any more money to have 3 poles other than they may issue a fewer citations, but then again like I said those now using 3, will try and get away with 4. But if things are like they have been in the past they may then agressively pursue checking the number of poles people are using, resulting in more citations.

Another little tidbit of information ... it doesn't do any good to try and brow beat the State into doing something. Ask nicely, but often. .... Garry-

19. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Here in Virginia, if your fishing in stocked trout waters you have to pay 18.00 extra for trout licence:angry: and 3.00 for a national forest stamp!!

PS Garry I agree with your signature

Randy

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I undersand what Roger and Joe are saying.

But for me personally I would pay and extra 5 bucks for a 3rd pole.

I would also pay double for a fishing license, if the money was put to good use.

And I would not mind paying an extra 10 bucks to use state lands, as long as everybody that used the land, hikers, picnickers, etc also had to pay.