Odessa

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by justwannano, May 3, 2009.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I stopped by Lake Odessa a week ago to get some carp for trapping. There was a bow shoot and they ask for people please to take the fish. I got about 200 pounds of chopped up carp in the freezer now.

Anyway I was chatting with 1 of the bowfishermen and asked about the dredging of 1 of the ditches and he said they are dredging all of them.
    I've gotta go and check it out for sure but it ought to make it possible to get to some areas that I've never been to because of low water.

I'm thinking the change in Odessa is going to be tremendous.

Have a good one
    just

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    If that is the case, the catfishing there will be awesome. Most people don't realize how good the catfishing is there, for size of fish and numbers of those bigguns!

3. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    best catfishin lake in the area bar none

4. YoMoma

YoMoma New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I havent been on that lake for 15 years. Yankee chute was good for bluegills and crappie. But the narrow and shallow waterway to get to that area made it nearly impossible to get back to at times. I hope that little stretch of water will be dredged.
    I never have tried for cats in that lake. Is it better to fish in some of the shallower bays for the catfish?

5. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have caught cats about everywhere on odessa but prefer sand run and south of the run around the bend.