Ode to an Outboard Parts Clerk

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bubbakat, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    ODE TO AN OUTBOARD PARTS CLERK

I work behind the counter
    In an outboard parts store;
    Sometimes I'm called a genius,
    Sometimes I'm called more.

I claim I'm no technician,
    Yet when a job goes sick,
    Some guys mail and ask me
    What makes the darn thing tick.

I'm supposed to know the numbers
    Of bolts and nuts and screws,
    For every single motor made
    In the last forty years.

But life would be a pleasure
    and I'd grin from ear to ear,
    If customers would only tell me
    The Model, Make and Year

Author unknown

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willard your the man. We expect you to memorize all of that stuff.:big_smile:

3. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    After standing in line to get parts I can identify with that LOL . Makes me like my job of sweating in welding leathers look a lot better after some that I have witnessed .

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Bubba I know what you mean. I use to work in landscape and nothing is worse then going to the parts store and some nut is in line. Telling the cleck I need the thing that goes on top of the thing on the side of the motor not sure what you call it but you know what I'm talking about. LOL Then having to wait until the cleck checks ever book for the thing that goes on the top of the thing on the side of the motor without any year,modle numbers. And most of the time it's a home owner that don't have any idea how to fix the motor to begain with. When your in the middle of a job and you need that part asap so you can fix a power tool to get back to work that is not the time to be in line behind a nut that wasn't smart enough to write the numbers down.

I got to where I wouldn't even go inside to get parts,I'd call them tell them what I wanted and pick it up in the back. I stil work on all my power tools that are used on my farm but now I try to order my parts online and ship them over night.