odd night on the Colorado

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by cavereric, Jul 11, 2009.

1. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    I went out to this bridge near Bastrop last night had a bad feeling right when I got there. I tried to cast net for bait and came up with 1 minnow (had a feeling I should have left then.) So I fished with night crawlers and managed to hook one, well my line got stuck on a log and the fish threw the hook. So I fished for a while longer did didn't get any more bites. So I decided to try the cast net again and got the net caught on a log so I managed to get it unhooked. It gets better, I decided to but some more weight on my line ( lots of current) got it rigged up and went to cast out well the screw holding the roller and bail on the reel came out. At this point I decide it was time to go home. Well their were a few other people fishing down the bank erlier and they had started a little fire and I went to make sure it was out. I Got over to the spot where they had been and there was trash every where and the fire was out, when I got a little closer I found they had left a pole sitting there with the line in the water so I picked it up and it felt like something was on the line. Well sure enough there was a nice little blue, so I threw the fish in the cooler and rod in the truck and left.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy: :eek:oooh:
    "Man" - "talk about your night on the water that you will not forget.

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well atleast on the bright side ya got 1 blue to someone elses mistake as well as a new rod setup lol your luck will get better

4. AZOutlaw

AZOutlaw New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I like 2 for 1s!!

5. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    HA, I Love it...thats what they get for leaving trash everywhere..good job man.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    they may have been abducted , i mean really...who leaves trash at the lake? :tounge_out:

7. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd like to play devils advocate. What if:

-The trash was their before they got there.

-The guy was off in the woods taking a dump, or had an emergency phone call and had to leave abruptly.

Now how would you feel about "removing" their fish, and seizing their gear...
    ================================

Sadly, to many folks leave trash. But taking someone elses stuff is stealing.

8. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    Thanks for your two cent's on that Lou. there's a couple other things to I took into consideration on this yes the trash could have been there but the puddle of lighter fluid on the steps to the water was not and this was a high traffic area right next to a boat launch and it was 3:00 am (the guy's had packed up around 11:00 Pm) You have a valid point but I still don't feel bad about taking gear and a fish.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  9. dieselman

dieselman New Member

State:
    texas
    i would have done the same, more than likely they were to hammered to to remember anything anyway, i know the place you are refering to, and havent had much luck there, but havent fished it at night, although it is the best place to get bait around, i ste out a minnow trap in front of those steps the other morning and had about 40 in ten mins, i caught a 10 lb blue cat on secret 7 over here in smithville sunday afternoon, surprise surprise surprise!!!! talk to yall later:tounge_out: