Odd marked Bluecat

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jerald and me fished in what USED TO BE Jay's honeyhole:smile2:, I caught this Bluecat, check out the coloring of his fins, specially the anal fin, but all the others are similarly marked, pecs, dorsal and tail. The outer edges are VERY dark, almost black. I mentioned that I'd caught a couple of these shore fishing in School Creek a couple of months ago, and for some dumb reason, didn't take a pic of them, this time we did.
    Included a picture of where we fished up on the Republican after they quit biting on the lake, caught a 4+ Channel on JPigg and a 2+Wiper on cut shad.
    Took the pic just for the sunset.

Attached Files:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    From the pic it is a funny looking blue, it looks more like a channal to me

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    a white catfish. I have never seen one in the flesh, but I think I read one time that the whites have white whiskers. I am sure one of the more experienced catfishermen will know.:wink:

4. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    white catfish have blue eyes an albino catfish will have red eyes

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Never seen one like that Jim..But he is cool looking.I did catch a pure white one there last Sat fishing with Jay & Nate with pink fins and all but his eye were not pink.Got a pic of him but while he was in the cooler he turn back to normal colors.

I like the sunset in the river (nice picture)

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have caught lots of blue cats with a variety of different colors and of the ones I kept they all turned the same color on ice for a couple hours.

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That is a weird looking cat Jim. Never seen one like that.
    The picture of the river is beautiful. Congrats on your fish!

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Harold, it was definitely a Bluecat, had all the characteristics, I've caught a couple just like it before. The right side of the sunset of the pic is a refuge area, there were hundreds of ducks flying in and out of there, I just noticed, there's a few flying in the top right of the sunset pic:smile2:
    Kyle, I prefer unique rather than weird:roll_eyes::smile2:

9. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    wow thats kool to see nice pics :smile2:

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks for sharin the pics Jim. Looks like someone got to him with a sharpie:smile2:. The sunset looked like a peaceful way to end a day or start a good evening of cattin.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, yeah, it was a peaceful way to end the day:smile2:, after the Channelcat and Wiper, nuthin, so we left shortly after I took the pic. It was nice, but I think some chop on the water might've helped.