odd fishin trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by fishinfreak19D, May 14, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    was at milford spillway today jiggin for whatever bites, well after an hour i feel a bump and thot i was snagged then my drag starts screamin and takes about 70 yds, i was thinkin flathead and got a little worried (10lb test), well after a half hour i get it bout 5 ft from the bank andit was a PADDLEFISH, i would never think that theyd be there. well he made another screaming run and some "good sumaritan" down the bank takes it on himself to help and grabs my line and tries to pull it in well i run down there yelling no cause its only 10 lb test lne.well long story short,,, SNAP, oh wel his intentions were good, and i had a blast fighting it and it woulda been released anyway,, looked to go around 40 lbs or so, i just thought that was neat

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Spillway fishing is some of the funnest fishing out there. Every now and then you'll hook something big and fight it forever. Nice to see a flathead surface, but pisses you off when I carp surfaces foul hooked after a half an hour fighting it. :smile2:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :angry: oh id of been mad :angry: you dont gust go grabbing somebody elses anything without asking thats grounds for a whupping:crazy: well maybe if your purdy you could get away with it LOL.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Never pisses me off to a hook a carp. I try to hook carp on purpose! The best fight in fresh water!! :big_smile:

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I caught a 20+ pounds carp when I was about 10 or 11. One of the biggest fights ever. I was hooked on carp fishing after that. Plus great cutbait!