Octoraro Lake- Any good

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Eich, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Used to fish Octoraro(sp) Lake in southern Lancaster/Chester county and did fairly well 4 years ago. Haven't had a chance to go there in 4 years though. Is it still good for big channel catfish? Thanks in advance!

Ray

2. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hey, you following me Ray?

LOL, how are ya?

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Kinda sorta If you know what I mean :wink: Doing well, thanks! I'll teach you carp if you teach me catfish!

Ray

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    You better believe the fishing there is still good Ive been killing them there all summer. My profile pic is one of the larger ones from there and there is a bank fishing catfish tournament there september 18th.

5. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    shoot come to think of it my girlfriend and I have prolly pulled more than 20 fish over 10lbs out of there this summer alone. Are you from the area cause if youve been to the bait shop down there you have passed my house?

6. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I would be up for a day or night on the Octoraro. Some Saturday would be good!

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Sounds good to me. We'll be in touch!

Ray

8. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    actually out there last night caught 5 the largest was about 9lbs stocked a local pond with the fish by owners request. If you need Octoraro catfish info im your man.

9. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Thank you. I will keep you in mind.

Ray

10. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    he eich did you get my message reply my computer glitched out. Let me know

11. campincatfish

campincatfish New Member

State:
    PA
    Joe, where is a good place to shore fish for Cats on the Octorara? I was going to try it some weekend soon. Thanks for the info.

12. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    We should all get together down there...

13. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Oh yes! I concur. :wink:

Ray

14. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    agreed

15. campincatfish

campincatfish New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds good to me, Steve you are not far from me in Millersville.

16. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    ok so when are we all gonna meet? Lets do this! Have a big ol non-family get together. Im free anytime due to unemployment

and i missed that question good places to fish the octoraro (that i know of) my personal favorite is down on spruce grove road (where I live) second bridge by blue gill road on the oppisite side of bluegill on either side of the bridge. You can obtain a flier at the bait shop on spruce grove road with a map of the lake (its seriously outdated so take 5ft out of every foot of depth it lists) The better spots are a pain cause you will be sitting on rocks but there is a place where you can set out folding chairs but you wont get into as many fish. here is a map link
    http://www.chesterwater.com/mainimages/map 122305.pdf

17. campincatfish

campincatfish New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks Joe. I am up to a Saturday Night or whenever fish. Cant do it the week of Labor Day, unless it is the Saturday after Labor Day.

18. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    well I would be cool with this saturday night but their are some issues...( I hope my parole officer dosent see this) yes im on intensive parole until september first which means from the hours of 10pm and 11pm I have to be home in case they do a curfew check. So we can go out early or late. On another note im on parole for one two many DUI's not for attempted murder or anything like that.
    ANYBODY INTERESTED IN THE LAKE SATURDAY?

19. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I can't make it this weekend fellas. I am getting ready to go out of town on business and I want to hang with the wife and daughter.

Not sure how long I will be away, I will know more in a few days.

I really do want to get together on the Octo!

20. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    no doubt... shoot im always up for fishing actually im leaving to go fishing right now.... I will clue you in if i get anything PEACE