October Meeting???

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by billfish76, Sep 25, 2007.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    What's going on for the next meeting????

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    So far fall cookout planning and a final review of the fall tournaments is on the schedule.

We need to finalize the cookout mela, including finalizing a date, deciding on some food, and all the other details. In the past we talked about a date but never finalized it, a location, or a time.

Some of the tournament details include changing the launch location on Wylie due to low water and three of the four ramps at Buster Boyd being closed. Look over the rules and see if there is anything else we need to discuss. A couple of folks have mentioned reducing the number of fish weighed in down to three instead of five. This would make it easier on the new folks that are not familiar with tournament fishing and it would be less fish to stress. We will open the floor to some feedback.

3. waldorftbeagle

waldorftbeagle New Member

State:
    NC
    I may be the newest member, I am not sure, but the number of fish is not an issue. I do not care if it is 3 or 13. As long as the rules are the same for everyone I am in! If I catch one fish that weighs more than 3 pounds I will be happy!

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I do not care if it is 3 or 13..."

All things being equal, it is a lot easier to keep alive and transport three fish than five. Carrying them around is one thing, keeping them gills flapping until weigh-in is another. Most of us that have done a few tournaments have a system down that works, but for new folks it might be a little more difficult.

You are right though, as long as it is the same for everyone the playing field is the same!! :wink: