october fishing in general

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by JAYNC, Oct 21, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just wondering how everyone is doing so far in october. I myself have been doing real well on the neuse. One night caught a 52# blue, 35# flat, 24# blue and 7 under 20lbs. It seems like the fall feeding frenzy is here and am wondering how everyone is doing out there. :)

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well Jay over here on Badin the last two weeks of Sept and the first week of Oct we were wearing them out. We probley got about 60 flatheads in that time and about 5 big blues. The bigger flathead was at 45lbs and the biggest blue was at 65lbs. This past week it really sucked because of the full moon. The water is at 72*. So I got about two more weeks of flathead fishing before they stop- bitting. Iam looking for the mother of all flatheads. Hopefully I get her. See-ya.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well over here at gaston lake, I'm finnaly starting to get into some nice blue's and channels again. Fishing has been terrible all summer. But now there finnaly hitting, it's diffently getting into a fall pattern.
    Got a 38 lb blue, 35 pound blue, alot of blues in the 10-20 lb range. And of course a countless number of 3-10 lb blue's and channels.

good luck

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Went fishing again over here on Gaston Lake, Caught only a few nice channel's and blue's and lost two big ones. One of them just got off and the other broke my line.

Good "Cattin" to ya !!!

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    well hopefully you get them next time, it always sucks to have something break your line, especially if you dont see the fish, because then you wonder for the rest of your life what it was.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man, you got that right. I've had many fish break my line or get off and I think about it all the time. I'm always asking my self
    "how did that fish get off ???" and "what did I do wrong ???"

But I'm going after them tommorow (Thursday) evening though I'll post a report when I get back.

good luck.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thursday night I caught some nice fish over here at gaston lake.
    I got a 7 lb blue cat, a 20 lb blue cat, and a 10 lb striper. It was a good night becasue I caught all of those fish in a hour. I left with 'em still biting, because I had something to do.

Good luck :cool: