October 8th Fishing Report....St Louis Area

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Oct 9, 2007.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Alright everybody....I have conquered the infamous SKUNK!

As an employee of the county, I had the previlege of celebrating Columbus day on the river!

I decided to try my luck down in the St Louis area, got on the river around 5:40 and had plenty of bait in the boat by 6:00. Bait included shad, goldeyes (of course) and I was lucky enough to catch about a dozen 4-6 inch skippy's in the net as well.

Anchored in the first hole and threw out all three baits. Pole baited with skip was the first to go down. First fish in the boat after 25 minutes of fishing.

Moved to the second hole and nothing.

Third hole was most productive, ended up catching 7 fish, the largest was a 22 pound blue, the smallest was a 1/2 pound flathead that was somehow swimming around with all the big boys!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy: The pole just kept dancing and finally it was reeled in to check the bait and low and behold he was hooked! Very funny!!

All the fish were caught on goldeyes and the few skips I had caught, shad didn't get touched. The 22, 18, 17 pounders had extremely FAT bellies!! They have been gorging themselves with something, I just didn't have the heart to cut one open to find out what they've been eating :embarassed:

All fish were caught in 30-35 feet of water. Water temp is still at 74 degrees.

Fishing was better than it has been in the last few weeks but the bite was still pretty slow, I tended to sit on a hole alitte longer than I normally do and that seemed to be the key. (I think :cool2:)

CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!!!!

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks for the report. It sounds like up north is the ticket. Went out last night down south and I couldnt find fish to save my life. Congrats, Im glad you got into them, that has been a hard thing to do lately.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the headsup Rat. Hope they still have room in their fat little belly's for Saturday. :wink:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    What time are we getting out there on Saturday? I wouldn't mind a late afternoon into evening time. That seems to be the best time to catch those bad boys!!

Saturday is only a couple days away, let's decide on a time. I'm getting excited here!!!

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You are welcome Bill.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    3pm Saturday at the downtown ramp. See your other thread their Mr Rat. uhhhmmm, I meant to say Mr Rat SIR. :wink: