OCT 25th TOURNY

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BEHITJ, Oct 15, 2008.

1. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Anyone interested there is a guy in Winfield putting on a tournament on oct. 25th at the launch ramp just below Winfield Dam ( alissa landing).

HOURS: 8:00am to 6:00pm
    6 fish limit
    no trailering
    bank fishing is aloud
    $60:00 per team
    $500.00 dollars gaurentee 1st place $100.00 big fish $50.00 smallest fish

From what I understand most of the payout was donated by a bank and the rest from entries and what ever is left after payout will be donated to the flood victims from this years flood.Any question I will try to answer them just call me at 636-541-5441 or PM me.

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Also I forgot to add anyone weighing in a single fish will be put in a drawing for $1000.00 dollars.Can't beat that.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like fun, where is all them good bank spots at........ :confused2:

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I don't know I guess they are having that for people like Harold who don't have a boat:wink:.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Heck I dont have a boat either........LOL but that sounds like fun. I might be able to make that one.. and its cheap too..............:wink:

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Come on Willie and join the fun you catch 1 fish you could win a $1000 bucks.

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

Are there any good bank spots up there? I only been there once but didnt fish. The more I think about it you think my 20hp will hold up there? I might bring the floater out one last time this year.

8. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Sorry John won't be able to make it up there I'll be in Alabama.

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Yes you would have no problem holding up there it's like a lake in that pool.There are some bank spots but you are better off in a boat.

10. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm already signed up. My partner I are boat number one. It was guaranteed 1000.00 for first place when I signed up. Some of his funding must have fallen through.

11. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Chris who fishing with? Dink?

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just wandering how the fish being kept are, (not that I care) i guess stinger line is good for this? Guess it is as bank fishing is ok, right? Hmmmmm, saturday huh, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm..... not like I will be doing anything else :roll_eyes:
    Hey Jason, let me use yer boat since you will be busy doing home work :wink:

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I am guessing Randy that the bank fishermen can use stringers or a basket.I am using my livewell.Maybe you can get Jason to fish with you in his boat.

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea, it only makes sense I was just thinking about it, maybe not but I would think there is no deduction for a dead fish?
    I think he is to busy try'n to expand his brain, if he keeps this up he is going to replace all the useful info he has up there :smile2:

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I think he is to busy try'n to expand his brain, if he keeps this up he is going to replace all the useful info he has up there :smile2:[/quote]

You got that right! I feel like my head is going to explode right now! my mother said something about fishing the tourney on the 25 but I don't think i will have my boat done by then. I have been considering turning my bench seat into a live well. If Mcantire gives me a hand I think i am going to go ahead and do it. Don'T count me out just yet. Let me get these test done and over with, see where I am at, then I can see if I can make it up there and wrap up the money spot for the smallest fish!:smile2:

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

Thats good enough for me thanks John. I'll see you guys there

17. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    The phone # for the bait shop at Winfield is 636-668-8996 or 636-566-8920 they are taking entries and they could give you the guys # that is putting on the tourny.As far as directions go take Hwy 79 N to Winfield go across the little bridge and go right and follow that road all the past the damm and down past the winfield ferry and keep going down the gravel road along the levee till you see a sign and a little road going over the levee and your there.You will see other boats.

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I think I am going to sit this one out? I want to do some mods to my boat before next year!!:wink:

19. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Just want let everyone know the tourny is still on you can sign up at the ramp they said they will have coffee in the morning and chilie after the tourny for everyone.For the Ill. guys you would be better off if you can putting in on your side of the river around the winfield ferry and boating across the river it would save you alot of drive time.If you need some more info on this the guy that is putting on the tourny is Nick and his # is 636-528-8898.See you all there and dress warm.Bait sould be plentiful up there.:big_smile:

20. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Just wanted to say thank you John for informing everyone of this event as well as starting up others… That’s what the BOC and this platform here in the club section is all about, to promote this wonderful sport… You initiate events and bring information to the table - way to go John… Activities and events can be initiated by anyone out there, if anyone has something they would like to do or get going than take the bull by the horns and go for it… If any club member has something they would like to start as part of a club event than go for it. Here we have the communication platform to help make things happen and I appreciate seeing folks here using it as such to inform and be used as the tool it is.