Oct 14th tournament

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by waldorftbeagle, Sep 18, 2007.

1. waldorftbeagle

waldorftbeagle New Member

State:
    NC
    The tournment information states that the access to be used is the mountain Island access. Are you refering to the Mountain Island trailrace fishing access area? I have a map and I do not see a boat access labled Mt Island. I see Riverbend and neck road access and there is a Mt Island/Trailrace fishing access area. Please clarify which access will be used. I am going to go trial fish this area before Oct 14th so that I will not get skunked by you pros. I do not expect to win but I would like to catch at least 1 fish to get the ribbing to a minimum :wink:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That was my fault for not clairfying that better

RIVERBEND ACCESS AREA

Horseshoe Bend Road off Hwy 16.
    West side of Mt. Island Lake, north of Hwy. 16

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bro., I have fished tournaments for a long time and never once have I seen someone new ribbed because he only caught a few fish. Now the top dogs that is another story. Did you hear the one about, naw, I not going to go there. Mac

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....I would like to catch at least 1 fish to get the ribbing to a minimum ...."

I have never seen that either, no matter how bad someone finished. Most guys feel that if they make fun of someone now, then karma will somehow come around and kick them in the butt in the future!!

One thing about tournaments is that no matter how good you are there are some days where you are just not on your game.

BTW, I have fished out of Mt. Island Access a couple of times recently and all the ramps look good.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    My predictions for the Mt. Island Tournament....

45 pounds total weight
    18 pounds big Fish

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good luck to you guys Sunday and be careful, you hear. Also, look for a good bite around 8:30 to 10:00 AM. Don't be surprised if someone gets a nice one around high noon. I will be there for the weigh in and take some club photo's on my brownie. Mac

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im going to say
    62lbs total weight
    27 big fish

8. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm going to say: