Oct 1-4 warsaw/longshoals area.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Swampfox., Sep 22, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    alright show me's, heres the skinny. the boys and i will be coming up to the warsaw area meeting up with my father in law and his wife. they have an Rv and a boat and will be staying at the longshoals camp ground. Anyone familiar with this part of truman? need to know some good spots to drift. also anyone know of some good maps available online of truman? like to be able to find some flats and holes to scout. anyone want to hook up {no pun intended} and put us on some fish i would be grateful. anyone just wanna hang out and eat some good food and drink some good beer your more than welcome to join us. i'll bring the Shrimp. Bluejay, if you able to get down that way, it would be great to see you again. would love to meet Mohick also. Tom if you in the area and wanna fish or just socialize, i would love to meet you brother. we will be on site #46. anyone interested pm me and i'll send you my cell number. or make a post here and i'll contact you.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Matt I would like to come down and meet you guys also. I will check my work schedule and see what I can do. Maybe we can do some fishing.

Tom

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Matt, those are the same days that many of us will be there for the CatfishSafari East/West Shootout. There will be several dozen guys/gals from all over the state, staying at the campground. Friday night, there is a gathering with seminars, supplies, food and booze etc hosted by Steve Brown of Catfish Safari, and then the tournament on Saturday. Everyone will most likely be a little tight lipped about locations :smile2: Hope to see ya there!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Matt that is race weekend here in KC. I will be attending that since I have season tickets and 4 days of races. Sure would like to see you again also. Stop buy the shootout and you will meet a lot more of the BOC members. I'm going to miss that also this year.:angry::angry:

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I might be down there then you never know.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Matt, As others have said, you will have a lot of BOC members for company that weekend. I've never been to Long Shoal, I'm not familiar with the water there, but I will be down on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to try to figure it out. There is a tournament, but think of it as a gathering with a tournament, as there is a lot going on.

7. huntoften

huntoften New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'll send you a PM...that's my favorite part of the lake.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    you show me fellas are awesome folks. i didnt realize there was a tourney that weekend. i wouldnt be able to compete; my two sons will be with me. As it is at the moment, the wife is staying home because of a surgery she just had that will hinder her from travelin so far. her daddy and stepmother has a site up there that they stay at offen. he knows where to find the sac-a lait, or Crappie as it is called elsewhere, but im afraid his catfishin knowledge is limited. im not lookin to steal anyone holes or anyhing of sorts. this trip was about bringing my boys up to fish with their poppa, i couldnt compete just on that fact. my focus wouldnt be on the boys. however, i can still socalize and do some networkin. would love to meet some members from this area, take some pictures, have a few beers, maybe some good eats. {louisiana folks like to cook, if you didnt know} i promise we wont get in the way of the compition. would be a great oppitunity to expose the boys our world of Catfishin. if you see me walkin up to your site, we just interested in meeting you, not scoutin for a secret hole. i know how these things can get. i fish alot of tourneys in Texas, those fellas can get downright awnrey if they even think you trying to get the lowdown on a local hotspot. i will let you guys hammer at it. Tom, it would be awesome if you were able to make it. like i said, i wont be competeing, so i got time to socialize and fish, no pressure. i know by reading your post that your my kinda people. Bluejay, go enjoy the race my brother, raceing is my other love so i understand. i'll see you again next time we get up to independence. i'll cook for you and your wife. all you other show me's, we'll see you there. i'll be at site #46. my cell # is

9. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Hopefully my girl & I will be able to stop by and say hey :cool2:

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i guess its not legal to leave a # on the boards. if anyone wants to call me while we are there, i'll leave my cell # on my user board, just click on my name, and go to my public profile.

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    change of plans folks. my wife Kelly has recently had a minor surgery. well lastnight we were at the hospital again. she started hurting again, and come to find out she gotta have another surgery. so this fisherman has to stay home and take care of my wife. she'll be on bed rest and will need someone here during this time. im very dissapointed that i wont be able to fish truman this weekend. i had planned on going on this trip for months, and Kelly feels bad that i have to cancel my plans[which never happens]. well this time i had to. amisted the dissapointment she has said that i can plan another trip, so truman will have to be another time. no worries, i will be back. the boys are really bummed also so i gotta figure out something to do with them here thats just as fun as a road trip with dad.

12. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Hope your wife is on the road to recovery. Take care of her....you won't be sorry.

Mrs. Okie

13. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Sorry you had to cancel your trip. I hope your wife gets along well and has a speedy recovery. She will be in my prayers. This may work out well in the long run and she will be able to come with you when you get to come.

14. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Matt, take care of your wife and njoy. Water & fishies will always be here. Give her our best... :wink: