oconee

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jerry9497, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have heard there is blues in oconee. How big do you catch them? what section of the lake? Here where I live it is useally the northern part of the lake, river, behind dam. I have fished sinclair many times but never for cats. just crappie. hardly ever fished oconee. My Mom lives in gordon so I may have to try oconee next trip down.

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    BassMassey is the King of Oconee. I'm sure he will reply soon. :cool2:

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    yeah oconee has blues and flatheads. i concentrate most my efforts on either of the two river arms in the northern reaches of the lake. the biggest blue i've caught out of the lake was about 25 lbs.....but i've seen pictures of blues and flats up to 50 lbs, so they're in there. send me a pm next time you're comin and I would love to do some fishin...

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I come down several times a year, my Dad lives in Lizzela, son lives in Gordon, Mom lives in Ivey, My wife relitives live in warner robins. I was born in Macon but moved to NC. man they got some big cats up here! But I'd really like to go home and catch some.