Oconee Fish n Camp 2008

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by BassMassey, Sep 10, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Calling all Georgia Catmen! Here's the last chance to kick some life back into this thing. Big Poppa Paul has revised the guidelines of post regarding private tournaments on the BOC. So to attempt to get this ball rolling again I am asking for everyones participation and input. I feel the original date of Oct. 4th which is only in a few weeks, needs to be pushed back. A few members already stated they won't be able to make it due to prior obligations on that weekend. Also after some thought, a day time tournament from 7-7pm would be wise for lake oconee. This would make better sense due to the lakes numerous stump fields....getting around at night on oconee can be tricky. Also, day time fishing is pretty good around the end of october or even november. There has also been another issue pointed out to me by Chambers, the campground where we were planning on staying will be closed for the season after this month. Well I found another campground that will be open, and is actually in a better location. Now if you're not big into tournaments and just wanna come out to fish and tell some fish tales, this is strongly encouraged too! This is gonna be more of a mini-gathering starting Friday evening, the lil tourney will be on Sat, then when we get done fishing sat we can all eat and have a few cold ones over a fire. I'm just kicking this date out as a suggestion.......but how does the weekend of November 11th sound? tell me what ya think.....let's get this member list going as soon as possible....

2. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    here is the info on the camping facilities

www.northshoreresort.net

2541 Carey Station Rd.
    Greensboro, GA 30642

706-453-4505

I called the other day, and they are open year round....tent sites are $18 a night. Maybe if we get enough of us we can try to get a group deal....

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just looked at the calendar, and Nov. 11th is a tuesday :confused2:. The closest saturday is Nov. 8th, but I will try to make it whenever it is.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks Aaron. Sounds good to me, except for the fact that nobody will have a chance fishing against you on Oconee. :big_smile: Except for maybe SOS with his hot dog yo-yoing technique. :wink:

5. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA

I accept that challenge.:smile2:

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    my fault, I meant october 11th. The date right now is totally negotiable, I was just trying to push it back to increase attendance. Throw some dates at me....I think anytime during october or november the fall bite should be in full swing. Or anyone that is considering making it throw me some dates that you can't make it, that might make it easier. And yes, we're looking at a weekend.

7. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Member List:

Fishwestpoint
    Bumper
    Sultan of Slime
    BassMassey

come on, put your name down...........where ya at creteus, stumpjumper,chambers n son,r-ward,germanmudfish,jeffacman,macdaddycat....how about them down south georgia catfisher people....armyfish, AJ & AT, can we gather Big Poppa Pauls attention? any SC boys wanna come out...

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Oct. 11th is okay with me, works out better than the 4th because Austin has no school that friday. Hopefully I can come down Fri. and stay 'till sunday.

9. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    where's creteus at? we can have a side-pot for biggest turtle......lol

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    just got off the phone with creteus......the 11th is no good for him....although, the weekend of the 18th would work. How does everybody feel about the 18th? again we can keep playing with the date until everyone is happy......I don't care if it gets pushed back to november myself...the only weekend offlimits for me is Michigan vs. OhioState.........where's everyone at......where's Chambers??

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Funny guy you:smile2:. If theres one in the lake I'll find it.

12. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    updated members list:

Creteus
    Fishwestpoint
    Bumper
    Sultan of Slime
    BassMassey
    Chambers
    Joppawood

I'm gonna go ahead n put ya down Chambers n Dave.....I know ya'll are game

13. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The 18th would work for me too. I guess could go to TN on the 11th and do some fall fish-off fishin' :wink::big_smile:.

14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    sounds good bumper......so let's here it for the 18th....?? does that work for you westpoint? where's macdaddy been.....shoot me a hollar everybody...

15. joppawood

joppawood New Member

State:
    Georgia
    well, i had already turned in the vaction day to work for the 5th. but if we get a date quick, i might be able to change it. if not, maybe i'll just have to be sick:wink::cool2:

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That was one big a$$ turtle! :eek:oooh:

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    alright......this thing is taking off a lil better then i thought it would. everyone who hasn't posted and plans on coming let me know how the 18th works for you? we can push it back, yet we need to set the date in stone so folks can schedule accordingly.

Members List:

Creteus
    Fishwespoint
    Bumper
    Sultan of Slime
    Joppawood
    Chambers
    BassMassey

18. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    18 oct. opening day of gun season for the deer hunters:angry:

19. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    damn, thanks for pointing that out to me macdaddy.....well how long is deer season? ya deer hunters been waiting all year for that weekend i guess. gimme a date macdaddy......

20. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    The biggest factor is the word tournaments.

If its an ongoing tournament, that has been built by the owner through sweat blood and tears, then plug it here.

If its new, and the BOC is being used simply to build it, big NO-GO.

BOC cost money, and I am not in the business of initial tournament building, only helping to get the word out on existing tournaments that have a proven track record.

I hope that made sense?