Ocmulgee river

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by r ward, Dec 28, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I hit the banks of the Ocmulgee this afternoon got to relax and just about the time I had a little nibble on my bait my cell rang the brakes on my wifes car was acting up and she had our daughter and grandson with her so I had to reel it in and go oh well I will go back you can bet on that

2. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Where did go on the river fishing? I drove by the river off of 96 at knowles landing. One guy had a 3 to 4 lb cat. He was trying shrimp, worms and mullet guts.

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was at Knowles landing it was about 3pm to about 430 I wish that guy had been me

4. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    ME TOO

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Were you on the bank if so where abouts were you my truck has BOC stickerson the back window

6. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    the only person there fishing was the guy with the catfish. there were no other cars there. do you know if the land on the other side of the bridge is private or can we fish from the bank over there.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You can go under the bridge and fish in that area I used to have a Jeep and would go in there to a bend in the river and try but I have only caught a small bass and a gar out of that river I just keep on trying

8. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i was wondering because of the cable across what used to be road to get under the bridge

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have been checked by game wardens and they never said anything so I guess it is alright

10. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I just spent several days chasing turkeys on Piedmont NWR and am intrigued by a trip to the Ocmulgee to try and catch some catfish. THe State has a boat ramp adjacent to the Bridge at 83 Hwy above Julliette - anyone ever launched and fished from there? I'm think about going down and checking it out but would like to have more knowledge of the river before attempting to fish there.
    Any and all info appreciated.

11. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    we put in at that ramp went up about 2 miles and float down hit a few bream a couple guys told us no big cats above julliette, cant get past the dam but if you go 5 miles south of Julliette dam turn left (if heading south) at the road just past Vulcan go down narrow road, cross rr tracks and bam there is river, ramp in real bad shape now (big dirt hump and ruts) right at the ramp but very good spot not good upriver access but down looks good. we did not try it yet but thinking of calling monroe county to see if they maintain ramp and get some one to clear it up